Pelt Black Panthers

MarbleDawg86

I believe it's a blue base with black swirls... If I'm correct and it doesn't always have to have aventurine. At least so I've been told. I've heard the name bruiser too, which I think is the same color combo... So I'm not sure if there is a difference. Maybe someone with more pelt knowledge will chime in

Chad maybe you or someone can help some. Do you know who made any of these three ? The first one is both colors opaque blue and black. Is has a twist or swirl like but i think i can see ribbons or ends of ribbons. Could it be a Blue Panther ? I think the other two might be Vacor. Both have dark transparent base,one is transparent green and one is transparent amber. I think they both might be Vacor Black Panther. I see that Vacor(Mega) made at least two or three different verisons or shades of their Black Panther. The first marble is a total different blue than the Vacors. The first marble is the only one that is both colors opaque.

post-91-0-78119900-1411437737_thumb.jpg

post-91-0-68428600-1411437756_thumb.jpg

I believe it's a blue base with black swirls... If I'm correct and it doesn't always have to have aventurine. At least so I've been told. I've heard the name bruiser too, which I think is the same color combo... So I'm not sure if there is a difference. Maybe someone with more pelt knowledge will chime in

The blue on the bruisers is a lot darker, and it's a patch-style marble. The blue panthers have 4 black/brown ribbons on a light baby blue base.

peltierbluepanther

Peltier Blue Panther

So..... What about this? The glass is definitely vintage, so I know it's 100% not Vacor... Not great condition, but I purchased to learn from. The opaque black matches some of the black on a few of my peerless patches so I'm assuming pelt.

What are your thoughts about when the first Vacor swirls were made? I believe early Vacors are still one of the major mysteries in our hobby.