Marble Auction

wvrons

If you are in or near the OH,PA,or WV areas. Eagles Flight marble auction Sept.20 at Cambridge OH. http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionview.cgi?lid=2214867&kwd=marbles&zip=26101&category=0 View the pictures,click on pictures to enlarge. Live in person bids only. Items paid for and removed the day of auction.

So far we have not found a volunteer to take bids,get the payment made by auction end direct to the auctioneer,collect packaging fees,package and ship items,then deal with returns and refunds. Refunds come from your own pocket but you can keep the marble because the seller already has been paid in full. Bring your laptop and take internet bids. Bring your cell phone for phone bids when they can get through. Stay with it for four hours or more unless you have a backup relief. If no volunteers maybe we can put you on the payroll for about $25.00 for a 10hr. day. What i got for the previous auction work.

Sorry about the punch in the gut. It may go away soon. Not many things survive without support. But todays buyers definatley left happy.

With a quick look. It looks like a total online auction only. Looks a lot like ebay. We cannot and have no plans to compete with Ebay Morphys etc. Several others have tried that and trying that. We almost always have had over 300 lots etc. We were told people wanted to see the marbles in hand. I could have stayed home today and bid on a online auction. I enjoyed today much more. But that is going to disappear. Maybe not to many years away and most or all marble deals will be done online. Look at the majority of shows attendance. Too many things that will not work for Eagles Flight. The two owners of Eagles Flight has to discuss if the auctions will continue in 2015 ? Eagles Flight provided a service to collectors sellers and buyers more than a money making business.

The live event package lets you list all for bid and lead it into the live auction. I was just using this site as an example of how easy it can be to put auctions online. I would think the more bidders the more likely it would be to grow the Auction. It is nice catering to locals but I would think eventually the bids would get smaller and smaller and sellers may become dissatisfied. Best of luck however you carry on.

My girlfriend told me how easy it was to moe the grass,useing the lawn tracktor,and yet,she has never had to moe the grass.

I asked her how she knew it was so "easy",and her reply was,"because you make it look easy".

I asked her again,"how do you KNOW,its easy to do"?

She got it,,,she didnt KNOW how easy it was to do because she had never actualy done it before.

I bought a sleeping friendly couch,just for such an occasion.

I hope she likes it,,,,,,,-LOL