Akron .. ??????????????

mibcapper

i .. think these are akron ... but such size and all the anomolies in construction ... got me scratching ... over 2 1/2" + .... messed up throwaways ??? ... drilled holes ... the signature ???????? .. somebody please ... enlighten me ... thanks for input ... bill ......... be multiple attachments ... sorry ...

post-75-0-81847500-1419621624_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-73692400-1419621636_thumb.jpg

thanks for the reply's ... steph .. yep on the holes and flat spots ... either .. s.b. or possibly s.d. .... and i can't make out yet what images might be on the bottom of 1 ... louping it ... on the bead angle ... being as big as they are ... what possible usuage would there be for them ?? galen, on the new ... i know they look .. shiny .. but so do some of my confirmed akron's. is it because of all the blowouts and crude construction ? i rolled them next to the 1's i have and they fit rite in. looks, patterns of the blu ... if ... new, what in the world would such a crude piece be used for ? and the small came with the 2 big 1's. any more thoughts appreciated ... thanks ... bill

thanks for the reply's ... steph .. yep on the holes and flat spots ... either .. s.b. or possibly s.d. .... and i can't make out yet what images might be on the bottom of 1 ... louping it ... on the bead angle ... being as big as they are ... what possible usuage would there be for them ?? galen, on the new ... i know they look .. shiny .. but so do some of my confirmed akron's. is it because of all the blowouts and crude construction ? i rolled them next to the 1's i have and they fit rite in. looks, patterns of the blu ... if ... new, what in the world would such a crude piece be used for ? and the small came with the 2 big 1's. any more thoughts appreciated ... thanks ... bill

The lack of any wear and dirt in the unglazed area is one thing that looks new to me.(esp. in the second) I have little knowledge of what they should look like or what they are so I could be way off base. I would say with pretty much conviction though, that they are not marbles.

yep, i'm pretty close to those thoughts galen. but just can't imagine what their purpose was ?? the holes go about 2" in, but not all the way thru. insert hole for a ... hanging weight ... ?? thanks again all for your input .... bill

If I take it right, you're using Akron to encompass the entire area's marble/toy/glass industries? Kind of like saying Detroit to reference Ford, GM, Chrysler and sundry automotive industries.

How big are your critters there? Darning eggs were of different sizes but most of Grandma's were the hole-in-a-sock size, I.e., egg-size.

One is egg shaped larger than a egg. One is round. Both have a flat bottom,both have a hole in one end oppsite the flat end. If a Darning egg why the hole ? Both have dirt in pits,one has a good amount of wear with the glaze wore very smooth slick and discolored almost gone in one area.

Bill, now you can fix those socks through the cold winter months. If you run out of socks to repair let me know.

One is egg shaped larger than a egg. One is round. Both have a flat bottom,both have a hole in one end oppsite the flat end. If a Darning egg why the hole ? Both have dirt in pits,one has a good amount of wear with the glaze wore very smooth slick and discolored almost gone in one area.

Bill, now you can fix those socks through the cold winter months. If you run out of socks to repair let me know.

yea-yea .... what he said. yuk-yuk .... and i got that idea from ... iowa ... and i could view .. some .. if i go there. NO .... and no galen, my referance was solely to their .. similiarty to akron color, pattern etc. not specific to an akron example. ........... how about a kitchen item. old crock wash basins had simiiar colors and splotchy patterns. saw them at grandparents long ago. i gotta find out what these are .... :computer-22: ............... no problem ron ... because i'm not gonna buy another ladder ... .. :deadhorse: ..... bill

thanks for the thoughts brian .. folks ..... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... hopes are dashed, but still curiosity has got me. something to hold a bath towel on ... something to throw at that mean dog comin at me .. :deadhorse: ... be safe and enjoy your day ......... bill