You Might Be A Marble Addict ....

Steph

... if your first thought when you first glance at something as amazing as this is to look more closely at the bottom right panel to see if those are marbles .... well, the smaller version which first popped up on facebook looked kinda marbular ...

1385412_662743383751024_1306584185_n_zps

I was waiting for others to 'fess up, but I guess that's not going to happen!

I do this all the time. Sometimes it's a 'direct visual' like the example here, and other times

it's more 'conceptual', like the commercial I posted recently with all the cute animals. There

was no doubt that the two who were vigorously scooping up dirt were digging for marbles.

Okay, maybe some doubt. But it was the first thing I thought of! ( :

• 2 weeks later...

Love the art,,,doesnt trigger my marble noggen though..

I know how bad I have it.

Can you imagine after digging marbles for so long,it doesnt matter where I see a dirt pile or a fresh dug hole,I have to scan it for marbles?

10 hour drive to South Portland,scanning dirt piles along the roadside,even though there are no marble factories close.

Takes me a half an hour to plant 1 tomato plant,,,,gotta look at the dirt!

NOW THATS NUTS!!!!!

• 6 months later...

...if you have almost lost your home because you spent the mortgage payment on marbles that you had to have (on more than 3 separate occasions).

...if the majority of your spousal fights are about how you store your marbles throughout the house.

...you have ever stolen a marble.

...you have ever sold off other items to support your purchasing of more marbles.

...you want to beat up people who disrespect the type of marbles you collect.

...you feel like you are cheating on your marbles when you spend time doing other hobbies.

And....

... you routinely dream, accurately I might add, about marble searches and conquests

... you can't sleep the night before an auction

... you try to photograph those scores of special mibs, and kinda succeed at it (still going)

... you think of money in simple terms: Mib Equivalents = (i.e., a full tank of gas could get me another Chrissie!)

... you wash them (this is probably not necessary to say, but...)

... you orient the bruised parts away from your eyes...and the corollary: you already know where they are flea'd

And honestly, I do this, every day: I carry with me two marbles, each in a small cloth pouch, that I choose each morning to wonder about with me at work, and lunch. Some people at work know I do this, and request to see the 'mib of the day.' It's great fun, and I get more mileage and more enjoyment over having just two around to focus on. And to put a point on it, sometimes I pick them to match my mood (bloodies on bad busy days, blue ones on rainy, umber in fall, white during a snowstorm). Geez, I must be sick. I must be...an addict... John

PS: Today was a Transparent Pelt Day...a transparent 7-Up (clear as a bell, is the base glass), and a transparent red and blue multi-colored rainbo.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

You Might Be A Marble Addict .... if when you see the headlines about the Masters Tournament, you expect to see pictures of marbles ..... and you fall that for 7 times in a row.  

... If you have to move marbles out of the way on your desk to access your keyboard or mouse

I sometimes carry a new marble with me to work also in one of those small velvet bags! Haha, glad to hear about others doing it as well.

• 1 month later...

Haa, away from home. My wife called today. "Another box came from UPS today, what is it? More marbles?"

Humm, "Open it!" I replied

I hear the box being opened. Then she says. "It's a round, wooden board and a bag with real ugly marbles in it."

I get a little defensive. "Those are not ugly! there beautiful, unpolished, very old, faceted stone marbles. Don't drop them!"

She replies. "Geezzz, you don't have to get huffy!"

Well don't call my marbles ugly,  Okay? There way cool, I like them.

Ya I guess I'm an addict. Lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

... if when you're walking back from the post office after mailing your Tributes, and you see the sparkly tar road, think of black aventurine

Hmmm ... I thought this was supposed to have more sparkle ... I'll check it again and then work on capturing it

LastDance03_b_zpslu7jxidz.jpg