Remember This Akro Repro Box?

Aakro Agate (yes, two A's at the start in the name on the trademark registration page, but not on the box)

Trademark

Serial Number: 85834165

Mark: AAKRO AGATES SHOOT STRAIGHT AS A KRO FLIES

http://www.trademark247.com/aakro+agates+shoot+straight+as+a+kro+flies-85834165-1.html

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=85834165&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=documentSearch

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn85834165&docId=SPE20130131072359#docIndex=13&page=1

post-279-0-12775700-1433552738_thumb.jpg post-279-0-63431600-1433552968_thumb.png

a repro of such quality is really spooky for me. and it's legal. that just means u better be on ur toes and scrutinize every aspect of a purchase of akro items now. does " their" ebay ad mention .. reproduction ? did someone say .. beware buyer .. :wacko: ... bill

The Name in Quality Antique Reproductions for over 45 Years

We stock a complete line of cast iron including still banks, mechanical banks, bells, wheel toys, and doorstops. We also carry mahogany carved furniture, painted furniture, mission style oak furniture, pie safes, home decor items, stained glass lamps and windows, depression style glassware, porcelains, cookie jars, knock down furniture, marbles, tin signs, paper products, enamel signs, licensed products ? plus much, much more.

As I have discussed before on this forum, I had advised Alan Basinet to sell all his high priced marbles. If it has a value high enough to make a profit it is being reproduced somewhere in

the world.Very little in this world is not reproducible right now, most rare gems known to man, even diamonds are being produced in factories. I would advise anyone with really valuable

items to sell them and take their profit or suffer the loss later of reproductions flooding the market. So Far as I know now silver and gold are safe although many counterfeits are out there,

still the specific gravity and measurements cannot be duplicated. Good luck to those holding these items.....Joe McDonough

Joes marbles is absolutely right. A big change is coming. There will be a wave of repro's you will not believe. All of your time will be spent trying to decide what is what and if it is real and not, and the the values for top of the line will drop like a blimp full of anvils. Mark my words.

I don't think so..maybe boxes and tins but good luck trying to reproduce a Popeye or a good mfc..even peltiers..it just won't happen..that's the beauty of marbles..you can reproduce Rolex, vintage guitars and coins but good luck with actual marbles..they got lucky with the ca exotics