New Akro

Hack

http://www.ebay.com/sch/lutz8/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

A few years ago a repro company reregistered the Akro trademark. In their trademark application they showed a repro box which you wouldn't want to see flood the market. So, whether lutz8 is with those guys or whether lutz8's group bought the trademark from those guys, I take heart in them selling contemps in an open manner instead of repros.

• 4 months later...
On 10/29/2015 at 8:26 AM, SirCray said:

I heard about them, I have some of them. They are handmade.

Old topic, but I was bored and have been taking pics of some of my marbles. Here are the new akro handmades I bought awhile ago.

img_0270nnp36.jpg

Ohhhhh!

VERY interesting.

Still more than a little disturbing that someone apparently unaffiliated with the old marble makers reregistered the Akro trademark.  But very interesting to see marbles sold under that name. 

Their listings said they made them, but who knows really. I just bought them because I liked their look and they cost very little.

ABOUT US

-  We have purchased the trademark for Akro marbles and created new collectable handmade marbles under the Akro name.  All of our handmade Akro marbles are named and are made in limited quantities per year.  All our marbles are handmade by German artisans Jonas Thorsten, Niklas Ulrich, Jürgen Uwe and French artisans Etalon Gervaise, Bastien Boyce, Brunelle Clément. 

Maybe they registered it overseas, as the Akro A Agate symbol with the marble in the crows mouth seams to be available to trademark in the states.  AKRO is a weapons company AGATE and AKROS both are Electronic related firms.  Akro Agate Company also appears available to trademark