I Hope To One Day More Excited About Cat Eyes...

fentonacres

I collect cat eyes and have for over 3 1/2 decades. About 37 years actually.

I don't collect the commons and don't know any other collector that does either. If I had kept every cat eye I have come across, I would have 3 or 4 million of 'em by now! :D

LOL, yes ... what Gail said.

Don't feel guilty about not loving those. :) Those are commons. Good to give to Cub Scouts for their marble achievement award. :)

These two here are Vitro Agates: http://www.carolinefentonphotography.com/Albums/FENTON-MARBLES/i-FKdPdrk

They're from the 1950's.

Those are the most identifiable in your group, and the ones that people would be most likely to consider collectible from this particular set.

Fenton, stay after them and do not quit looking for them. I personally think the cat-eye collecting now, is still in its begging stages. I feel (once) a good book that identifies them better, this category will really go forward. I save (ALL) my odd and different types and have some that are super interesting to talk about. The av cat-eyes are very nice also. Buying cat-eyes are still pretty much reasonably priced and there are still some great cat-eye collectors out there. (SAVE) also the two, three, and four plus colored ones. Just my thoughts on this subject. Chuck G--

Oooh oooh by the way, I just snagged two bags of pink base glass Vitro Anacortes horseshoe cats!! They are very hard to find - if not rare.

I have a few single pink glass specimens but had never found a factory filled bag of them before. ( I should have had the third bag that he listed too but I stupidlly had set my max bid too low ).

Wow -- I have a small handful but have never seen a bag of them! Please photo and post them when they come!

Please please please . . .

Ann- a member of this forum had them up on Ebay a week or so ago. I can probably pull up his auction pics. As you have probably noticed on several occasions, my pictures royally bite (and his were super good)!

We needed/wanted them for a marble display at our small local marble club. After receiving and seeing them, I think I want to keep the bags in my collection - unopened and intact. The other members wanted to chip in, open them up, and divide. The audacity!! :D

I don't know of any aventurine in any of the Bogard bananas. Many of Jacks marbles had seedy glass or bubbles large and small. Some of the bubbles may look like av. Yes Jack Bogard packaged a lot of his marbles in left over Heaton Agate bags, According to Jack he produced all the banana cats made at the Heaton factory location. He never was able to have any success at selling the banana cat eyes.

Jack produced the Mountaineer blister package of cat eyes. He told me that he had 3 to 5 cents in the entire package. Materials labor marbles and package. The best he ever sold them for was 2 cents a package. He was amazed and shaking his head when he seen me have one for sale at $20.00. This is how i meet Jack Bogard. We both lived near or in Parkersburg WV. We finally meet at a marble show in Canada.

Ann- a member of this forum had them up on Ebay a week or so ago. I can probably pull up his auction pics . . .

Please!

And no -- don't let any of those nice but crazy people open them!

And if you decide you really only need one bag -- two is so excessive -- let me know!

Darn... It is hard to get a decent picture of the interior of a clear marble. Clear glass is almost completely clear of bubbles and the green banana is *full* of aventurine. All those light specks are reflecting aventurine.

AventurineBanana.jpg