I Have My Thoughts . . .

Ric

I think Bill might be on to something - for the middle one anyway. I recall a photo Alan posted - quite a long while ago, as I remember - that showed dug Akros. There was a twisted-looking one with similar colors that stood out in the group. This marble is folded up but it looks like it should have had (has) two seams. There is some clear glass in it but the white is much nicer than most Champs I've seen. I'll have to show more pics.

I think the outer two may have come off a Peltier machine in Kokomo, IN.

Do not want to (ruffle) any feathers out there, but all three are Pelts. I have one or two exactly like the center one that give you the indication they sumwhat swirled but are actually a rainbo type coming out this way because of the fast turning rollers. I cannot see akro at all in these, even though (who knows what has been dug)? I find now and then the super bright yellow and or orange on a pure white opaque base has the color of CACs with their (electric) looking colors. Yes, (i think) peltier had some electric colors. A lot of collectors find these types and for them, like me, these colors stand out more and you want to attribute them to another maker. Did peltier have a glass formula for these electric colors (OR) did they acquire some electric cullet from a purchase from another company? Its all in the eye of the be-holder!! In my (opinion) they all three are pelts. OOPs my chicken foot stepped on a feather!!Chuck G--

I have no idea what the two in question are really (have not seen similar dug), that's why I'm in the ID section. But based on glass, color and pattern comparison with dug cullet and examples, I think most of those in the group pic are Kokomo.

-Ric

Just to throw this in, I have seen white based mibs with yellow and pink that were unmistakably Akro, and I think they were all larger sized. Only photos, but I have been keeping my eye out for one. I believe they were labeled as dug marbles, which doesn't matter to me, they're unusual and I like them!

Just to throw this in, I have seen white based mibs with yellow and pink that were unmistakably Akro, and I think they were all larger sized. Only photos, but I have been keeping my eye out for one. I believe they were labeled as dug marbles, which doesn't matter to me, they're unusual and I like them!

Were they twisted up or pretty straight with good seams and stripes?

I'd go with Pelt top right in post #12, and maybe post #9. Rest look like Marble King maybe (or something other than Pelt or Akro)? Just my guess, and of course I haven't seen them all :)

I am thinking these are Kokomos (not #9 - maybe Akro?). Have you seen dug or packaged Pelts like the one top right in post #12? (I know it looks woody-ish)

Dang it, I can't find the photo anywhere now of course lol. From what I can recall, the yellow and pink lines were very thin and it seems like they might have been almost a tightline cork. The yellow and pink were very light in color, shooter size.

I'm looking everywhere for the photo(s)

That's what this thread needed - thanks Bill!

The big one is killer - great orange peel. Is that in the case with your Buckskin et al? I like a nice cold-roll on big Akros too. It gives them character.

Now I think Chuck is on to something with this one . . .

Ric640_zpszbnbelbs.jpg

The fold was throwing me. It's just a more interesting than usual Rainbo - four ribbons, two with a red/pink tracer.

Ric643_zps2jcrvp59.jpg

Good eye Chuck and That1!

Now, how about those other two?

FINALLY found one I was thinking of.

Edna (Sissydear) posted this Akro in the Color of the Month post , page 16 or 17.

Whew.

I know I've seen multiple angles of it also, but I was just so relieved to have found this one, I had to share it. :blush:

I think she said it was 1" in size.

post-78-0-98969000-1453590525_thumb.jpg