ID 1

GoofyCat

Could be Akro on top.  I'm not feeling distinctly pelty feathering there.

My first thought was something non-USA or  pre-MFC on the bottom.   But I don't feel strongly about that. 

6 hours ago, Steph said:

Could be Akro on top.  I'm not feeling distinctly pelty feathering there.

My first thought was something non-USA or  pre-MFC on the bottom.   But I don't feel strongly about that. 

Looking again I see what you mean about the top one - in the bottom right shot the striations looked quite tightly packed, but not tight enough to be a confirmed Peltier.

Out of interest what makes you think the bottom one is likely non-USA or pre-MFC rather than MFC? Have I missed anything that rules out MFC or is it more overall impression?

5 hours ago, ManofKent said:

Out of interest what makes you think the bottom one is likely non-USA or pre-MFC rather than MFC? Have I missed anything that rules out MFC or is it more overall impression?

I wouldn't say "likely".  Mostly something about the crisp texture of the white which gives me pause.  Has me wanting a little more input.  

It's quite gorgeous -- such a perfectly round pattern -- which would lead me away from Asian, and could bring me back to MFC.  But mostly I'd like to hear more discussion on that one. :)

4 hours ago, GoofyCat said:

i think the blue one in the first pic is a peltier national onyx slag I looked on Joesmarbles

there is a blue one that i swear is this one or its twin

It does look very similar and could well be Peltier, and not all Peltier's have distinct feathering. My first impression was Peltier, but I can't rule out Akro either. Have a look at the Akro slags as well. 

1 hour ago, Steph said:

I wouldn't say "likely".  Mostly something about the crisp texture of the white which gives me pause.  Has me wanting a little more input.  

It's quite gorgeous -- such a perfectly round pattern -- which would lead me away from Asian, and could bring me back to MFC.  But mostly I'd like to hear more discussion on that one. :)

Thanks - I see what you mean about the crispness - it's exceptionally well defined (and very gorgeous whatever it is).

1 hour ago, sclsu said:

Second one could be a transitional. I would like to see a clear pic of the bottom pole

I think I see what you mean - there could be pontil evidence at that pole?

11 minutes ago, winnie said:

Do I see a short cut-off line in the second picture right on top?

Sometimes the M.F.C slags are difficult to distinguish from the early slags that I find here,wether they're German or Japanese.

I think see where you mean - about 11 o'clock?

What he ^^^^^ said about the second one.  Which I like a lot.

About the first one -- machine-made Pelt slags don't generally have as  much white "veiling" on the marble as exhibited on the first marble,  The white Pelt feathering usually stands out pretty clearly against its background.  A high contrast kinda thing, often with a "wood grain" pattern.  Like on these:

Pelt slag.jpg

Pelt slag blue 2.jpg