Slag discussion point: Yellow

Some time ago I learned from Roger Browse (we miss him) that he felt that MFC didn't make yellow slags--I am presently favoring this view. Cohill doesn't mention yellow either in his unpublished book on MFC. Roger also indicated that he thought that CAC did make a non-electric yellow slag that was hand-gathered, and indicated those were very very rare (and don't recall if CAC made machine yellow slags.  Along with this, is the general challenge of figuring out when amber ends and yellow begins, and what brown might be.  Back-lighting seems to help...but then add another level of confusion.  Akro also gets the yellow tag too for fully machine. Thanks!  John (ps...I'm not worried about Pelt yellow machines...I have those...and too, I get the argument of slight variation from mib to mib...boy do I get that argument!).  Thanks! John

Cohill has all the MFC records and other paperwork, plus original box samples, so I go with him.  His book was published privately, and it's heck to get a hold of.  I finally got one after some years of actively trying, so they do come up every now and then.  Haven't seen one in a while, though.