I was all excited to get this one.......THEN....

Mikie_T

Well, a bunch of low-life bottom dwellers were stealing packages AND Christmas cards from the mail boxes around here. SO... naturally.... I became a victim of their greedy and lawless practice. My marble was stolen....... and I sure was looking forward to adding this one to my collection too.

1.jpg.f7a2488e9fafcaf3295b237a375fed5c.jpg

I guess it can be memorialized here. I just know almost for certain they did the same thing with my marble that they did with the reject mail.......... pitched it on the side of the road. I sure did count this chicken as an addition to my collection before it even hatched..... well..... onward.

Mike

Definitely a gut punch... The way the thieves were throwing out the "non-valuable" mail along the road side makes me think this little guy is probably lying in a ditch in the tall grass shivering from all the cold weather we have had lately.

Well, maybe a future road worker will find it and take it home to his little girl. Then she can love it. 

My wife thinks I am crazy but I don't lock my Jeep doors. SO, I make sure I don't leave something inside that is valuable. If somebody sees something on my seat they want, they can just open the door and get it. I HATE having to replace a window (been there.... done that) just because a thug saw a $5 bill on my seat. OR an envelope that the THINKS contains a $5. Around here.... thug-ism has no bounds.

Oh man that's something I never considered yet -- packages being outright stolen! That's horrible. :( I've been worried about stuff just getting lost with USPS. Theft is even worse! Sorry they screwed you over. And man... I hope they get what they deserve eventually!

Thanks for the sentiment everyone. I sure hope none of you get robbed like this. I am making arrangements for my packages to be shipped to my office so this (Hopefully) won't happen again. I have lived in a small town environment all my life. I guess I just never figured something like this would happen. BUT, shootings and robberies are getting more prevalent now, SO...... everyone be aware!

Mike