Imperial packaging

DINDO

Ohmigosh, Josh, those shaped ones are great.

Dindo, when Imperial started, I think they had Vitros in the packaging.  Our use of Imperial to describe the modern Asians is a bit of a contrivance for convenience.  It leaves room for confusion.  Paula  ( @marblemover ) is trying to get us to move away from calling the modern Asians Imperial and just call them ... drumroll please ... modern Asian.

Ah, that Kool-Aid package is something else!

Imperial has a lot of cool packaging.  Nice ones Josh & Dindo. Here's another from my collection.  Also, had done some checking on packages that I have some years back.  Seems that 1981 and prior was Mexico only.  I do not recall seeing Vitro in Imperial pckaging but...?  In 1981, here is a Mexico tag and Taiwan tag.  1985 has both Mexico and China mentioned.  1989 - China, India, Taiwan, Hong Kong.  And another 1989 with Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong.  1997 - India, Korea, China, Philippines, Taiwan and Hong Kong.  Do note that some of the tags say "Marbles made in xxx" and "Packaged in YYY".  So, I agree with Paula on all Imperial packaging since early to mid 1980s forward should be Asian.

Imperials made where No. 5 - 1981 - Taiwan.JPG

Imperials made where No. 2 - 1981 - Mexico.JPG

Imperials made where No. 6 - 1985 - Mexico,China - USA.JPG

Imperials made where No. 4 - 1989 - China, India - Taiwan - Hong Kong.JPG

Imperials made where No. 1 - 1989 - Korea - Taiwan - Hong Kong.JPG

Imperials made where No. 14 - 1997 - India,Korea,Philippines,China,Taiwan - Hong Kong.JPG

Imperial Marble Cannon Pkg (10+2) - View 1 - Al - G12.JPG

My main interest in the early Imperial packaging came about just recently because of unknown Vacors.  There are some late 70s packages with made in Mexico marbles in them which seem like they would have Vacors in them.  The opaque patch type marbles look more like Asian made patches than later Vacor patches, but they have to be Vacors, right?.  Does anybody know if there was another non-vacor Mexican machine made marbles producer in the late 70s?  I know many consider these marbles total garbage, but I still like a mystery wherever I may find one

That is a good question.  I remember a fairly recent article about a marble company in Argentina which said that at one time there were at least four companies in that country.  

Wouldn't be surprised to learn there had  once been more than one marble company in Mexico.

Thats what i was wondering. The only Vacors i have ever seen are all 1990 and up. Yet apparently they have been around for a long time.

Then i seen all the packaging. I think its pretty neat and they will become rare as the years pass. However It is quite possible there is a warehouse with boxes of them somewhere. I want a kool aid pack now, i will be looking.. is there any other advertising type ones?