Marble Hoard #3

Spherophile

I’ve been going through my hoard of marbles and sorting them roughly by color. I know I have some types mixed together when they should be, but I had to start somewhere. I still have jars and boxes full of marbles to go through. 

Higher res: https://imgur.com/a/CoqFcp9

Let me know if there’s anything you want to see closer up.

10B1231C-5585-4DA3-A233-D968F91DEB53.jpeg

61AE7DB9-FAEA-4CA7-835D-FB2995F1A3C0.jpeg

Great use of type trays! I have 2 I use for Knick knacks. My wife bought me some wall units to display my better mibs. Ordered off ebay, with sliding plexiglas fronts. Like those used for golf balls but smaller holes for 5/5-1” marbles. Also have 1 for larger mibs, up to 2”. They are very affordable. Will find the link and post it.

here is my type tray cabinet for all the others.

E1229C38-EC77-4F69-BEC1-FD6DEC0F36F1.jpeg

I have never found any proof that any marble company made any of the gear shift or steering wheel spinner knobs. I have also had the much smaller turn signal knobs. Houze made a lot of these knobs. A few full knobs and several pieces of these different knobs has been found by diggers at old marble factory sites. The marble companies were buying them as cullet and using them to make marbles. There are vintage ones and new ones. Below is one I dug but never made by any marble company. DSC02066.JPG.358d5ed4696bbef517d7f79606bff018.JPGDSC02065.JPG.0d676b6665c9c4bf889df20f0e68f583.JPG

Vitro never made any shift knobs or spinner knobs.  I knew the plant manager who was there  through the 1940's until the 1970's  and the one until they closed. They both said Vitro never made any type shift or spinner knobs.