Planning a marble hunting trip.

Bike Dave

Hello everyone.

My girlfriend and I are planning a bike trip. We want to go to the marble museum and ride the rail trail to a "haunted" tunnel near Cairo. I want to ride around St. Mary's, Cairo, and Pennboro.

We will be on our bikes but I thought kicking around a couple marble sites to find some marbles would be fun. We usually collect rocks and I thought some glass ( cullet?) or imperfect marbles would be fun to pick up as well.

I know marbles are made of glass....there I told you everything I know about marbles. As you can tell from that statement this is a bike trip with marbles just for fun. I could bring a hand trowel in my bike bag but that's as hard core as I want to get. On a bike there is not much room to store a lot of treasure either. 

Any tips, spots,  ideas would be great.

• 1 month later...

The marble sites are private property or government property and they fight poachers all the time. Daily. You may have no problem or you may have serious problems. One factory site is owned by the local magistrate judge ( I know him) and he shows up at random times and has trail cameras out.

Think I'll take my chances of falling through at the old city dump, or go to the court house and look @ the old city map for the homesteads and outhouse sites and dig w/ my bottle buddy !! Feeling old if not getting there yet !!! I don't know Chuck, "maybe" if you supply the flack jacket's, ammo and do the diggin ????? At least the title of this thread is right, ( Planning a marble " hunting " trip ) 

Chad G.

image.png.4920a142ea32334be5cddb03af636031.png   Drop the shovels and give up them mibs, NOW !!

• 7 months later...
On 10/31/2020 at 1:07 AM, Chad G. said:

Think I'll take my chances of falling through at the old city dump, or go to the court house and look @ the old city map for the homesteads and outhouse sites and dig w/ my bottle buddy !! Feeling old if not getting there yet !!! I don't know Chuck, "maybe" if you supply the flack jacket's, ammo and do the diggin ????? At least the title of this thread is right, ( Planning a marble " hunting " trip ) 

Chad G.

Lol Chad..😂