Planning a marble hunting trip.

Hello everyone.

My girlfriend and I are planning a bike trip. We want to go to the marble museum and ride the rail trail to a "haunted" tunnel near Cairo. I want to ride around St. Mary's, Cairo, and Pennboro.

We will be on our bikes but I thought kicking around a couple marble sites to find some marbles would be fun. We usually collect rocks and I thought some glass ( cullet?) or imperfect marbles would be fun to pick up as well.

I know marbles are made of glass....there I told you everything I know about marbles. As you can tell from that statement this is a bike trip with marbles just for fun. I could bring a hand trowel in my bike bag but that's as hard core as I want to get. On a bike there is not much room to store a lot of treasure either. 

Any tips, spots,  ideas would be great.

Hello.  Welcome.  

Don't know if there are any company sites left to dig at, with or without permission.  

Ron has done a LOT of digging  over the years.  If there's anything left, he would know.   @wvrons