Just got these...... anything good

boris64

Not  as much interested in condition as color. Yours, like mine appears to be more brown than Oxblood, which is what a true brick is. I was told that mine was brown because of being torched, but now I don't think so. They are similar to bricks in structure but the glass is brown not ox. I think it warrants some research. Here are some pics of mine, one pic shows a true brick for color comparison. Thanks

Bruce

bricks.JPG

brown brick4.jpg

I agree, my marble is really beat up and is probably a bad torch job as well. But I am wondering about the color. Boris64 posted a marble that is not as crummy as  mine, has not been torched but is the same old penny brown. That is why I started these questions.

Recently, on the AAM website, someone posted a pic of 2 bricks that had been polished. Neither one had turned brown.  I realize there is a spectrum of oxblood shades- I have an egg yolk swirl that has Akro purple ox in it, but is the brown glass ox or something else? Thanks

Bruce

Polishing does not change or make the colors look different. Polishing can thin colors.  But heat can change the look of glass colors drastic. To much heat to long can change red(oxblood) and others to brown and even black.