CAC blue lace ??

Chad G.

I have pics of a marble I'm pretty sure is a Christensen blue lace, pls. give your opinion on this one. Powder blue swirls on an amber base

it does have a reflection just want to make a positive I.D. If yes size is 19/32 an approximate value, I would grade it a mint - w/ asmade crease and the 1  reflection.

fff.PNG

ffff.PNG

• Like 1

I also think Christensen.  I remember seeing such a marble being ID-ed as a blue lace.  And I remember there being an argument about that -- a suggestion that the esteemed person who ID-ed it may have labeled it wrong.    That maybe the striped transparent version those colors was the only thing which should be called blue lace.  

But I also would bet that the name has stuck by now and that you can fairly call it a blue lace. 

.... I am curious to hear what those who are more well-versed in CAC's than I would call it these days .... 

The colors are what I'm riding on, there is no real classic CAC lace pattern in the mib above, ribbon or swirled cut line. I do have an Ebay auction pic from this year here, the colors are quite correct and also the only mib I can think of with that powder blue on top of an amber base. This ones a beauty but if I remember right it had a very extensive fracture, thus the low price. Generally I believe these are a couple hun. at least for a really nice one without fractures, supposedly most where also small, around 19/32 like the mib pictured above. So I guess this is a bigger example at 5/8ths. I'm looking at both pics and the colors do look spot on.  Thanks for chiming in Steph !!

image.png.41d9b4680ff075746fa1845c90117c23.png

• Like 1

"Thank you" Al for all the info, I just seen some pics of what people are calling a pink and a lavender lace also, they have the amber base with a kind of striped transparent look but only half the outside of the marble had color coverage, many different variations as in any marble. Again thank you for the pics and invaluable info Al. I'll try to find and post those I found of other external colors, I guess the amber base is the only common denominator in being considered in the lace family. Not a lot around I know because of the fracturing problems. I was talking to nantucketdink ( Dink ) earlier about Jabo and I guess the first pics I've presented would be one of what he called a dud. A substandard example, a lace marble yes, a good example, no, never the less from what I'm hearing so far it is a lace. The large pic with the striped transparent look should be the poster child for this marble, what a killer mib

• 1 year later...
On 12/12/2020 at 1:44 PM, Al Oregon said:

Then there is this one from kokoken (2005) that has that Striped Transparent look and another from Jeff Hale from 2004.  Also a pic from an eBay lot in 2009 that had questionable ones that sorta look like Chad's.

CA Blue Lace 3 (kokoken 11-05).jpg

CA Blue Lace (JeffH 4-04).jpg

CA Blue Lace - question (on eBay 6-1-09).jpg

Oh, there's my Blue Lace! I'd lost the photo. Thanks for saving it Al. :) (I still have it and was planning to photo, whew, saved me the trouble.)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...