I recently was introduced to and got my first polymers, now have many more on the way, some great patterns and colors with some already made & others made to my size specifications & color schemes, I'll post the few pics I have now with many more to come. These were made by "Dave Becker" { Blackhawk Agates} I have two custom made 16 count boxes all with layered flame styles in different color schemes coming. The smaller pic of the red flame is one from the 2 new boxes. The sign was made by a good friend of mine, he made 20 or 30, 'I can't really remember" a couple of them for each type of marble I have on display, one for a stand and one to hang. Hard to count all the layering in these mibs, a lot of hard work, all hand made no machines. Some of the best looking polymers I've ever seen, I never thought I would have a polymer mib but this changed my mind.

387.PNG

388.PNG

370.JPG

390.PNG

This one just got done yesterday, part of one of the two 16 count boxes he's making, the other box has some completely different mibs in it.

image.png.8732d3f8d6b011ec7eae37f2674330ca.png

The two 16 count boxes already finished, with a custom made wooden one in the works and some of his

calligraphy's to fill it also being made,  hopefully a couple weeks and I'll have pix of all to share. I'm in no 

hurry, well worth the wait.

image.png.182c8d931a0f7ddadd9d75c525f195ac.png

image.png.3bef5d95efc27afd291f9b0882af225a.png

38 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Those mibs are crazy.. total eye candy thanks for sharing. 👍

You're welcome Brother, I do believe I'm hooked "again" I been bit so many times by the marble bug it's beginning to look like I have a rash.

Well the box sets are almost all completed one more to go, these are fantastic works of art that took Dave many hours to complete, we shared I told him what I liked and this is what he came up with. I am beyond satisfied. If you want his Email just PM me and I have his permission to give it out a few pix of the completed boxes he made for me. This first one is a representation of some pelts "wasp" "bumblebees" "blue galaxy" "golden rebel" all artist interpretations not meant to look like the actual mib but to represent it in form and color complete with av. in the black.

image.png.e9a02d77f16d263050f25313374f7730.png

A box of wasp and bumble bee flames also complimented with av. present in all the black, and another one of Dave's box designs

image.png.79c3665d3c528a1bda41da67f805c824.png

A side by side of the two, I couldn't have asked for better work, a very happy camper I am. The mib size is around 13/16ths

image.png.82e6557a5c8056910580dffb0131d9f5.png

Dave makes some nice marbles, for sure. And the fact that he'll make them "to order" is a big plus too. I especially like the blue and red flames. Although the blue and yellows have"Wolverines" written all over them - Go Blue!

Blue and Gold is WVU.  

I have several of Dave's very early marbles and a couple box sets.  Plus some of his large one inch size. He did not make a lot of large ones.  He started making them and ask me if I thought that he or I could sell them. I told him of course they would sell with no doubts.  Lots of good memories with these and his experiments during the short learning phase. He even makes translucent ones. 

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Actually, A Wolverine wears Blue and Gold and plays football for The University of Michigan! Go Blue!

:D

Good grief Ric, I done been had again, you got me good my friend !! UGhh !! all that work for nill, oh well maybe someone else can glean both mib info and team color info from this post, a two fer.

37 minutes ago, wvrons said:

Blue and Gold is WVU.  

I have several of Dave's very early marbles and a couple box sets.  Plus some of his large one inch size. He did not make a lot of large ones.  He started making them and ask me if I thought that he or I could sell them. I told him of course they would sell with no doubts.  Lots of good memories with these and his experiments during the short learning phase. He even makes translucent ones. 

Translucent agate types are next, Both Dave and I have an affinity with for pelts and mostly Alley (sound familiar) I also have some Alley flame designs in the works with Dave. He's certainly  the best at what he does I've found, using no layering or rounding machines, I enjoy his art., Alot of work goes into these little buggers, I tried to count the layers and got lost, I was flabbergasted when he said how many layers he put into those flames he made for me. I will eventually have some one inch but he likes the 13/16 the best they fit in his boxes perfect as well as being the most malleable size for his hands. I understand he's going to start up on AAM again with the same old avatar as before. I told him the buy sell trade was really picking up, he was on there today but still has a couple bugs he wants to iron out before he posts.

"Thanks Tommy" I love em, Dave does some killer work, like I said PM me and I'll give you his Email if you like ?? there are  loads of other types he makes to your specifications, colors, sizes you name it. He's got some calligraphy's in the works right now I requested, I've seen some he's already done and am blown away, I'd show you the pics of some earlier ones he made, but will wait till he has mine done & boxed to share. thank you for the compliment, I shared this post with him earlier today after he sent the pix of the finished boxes.

22 minutes ago, Ric said:

You may have missed your chance . . .

greenblue-4.jpg

It could have been a Mountaineer!

(Fentonacres marble from another post)

I remember this marble, I miss I.D. it as Christensen, they are Alley, I talked to Ron about mibs like these and for years until provenance was proven I had some just like them in with my Christensen's, the similarities are uncanny.

1 hour ago, Chad G. said:

Good grief Ric, I done been had again, you got me good my friend !! UGhh !! all that work for nill, oh well maybe someone else can glean both mib info and team color info from this post, a two fer.

I was just goofin' with you, Chad, but I do think the Wolverine marble is named for the U of M Team colors because I don't see anything blue or yellow here.

Gulo_gulo_2.jpg

By Zefram - Self-photographed, CC BY 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5492528

13 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

I remember this marble, I miss I.D. it as Christensen, they are Alley, I talked to Ron about mibs like these and for years until provenance was proven I had some just like them in with my Christensen's

They're Great marbles, Alley West Virginians

1 minute ago, Ric said:

I was just goofin' with you, Chad, but I do think the Wolverine marble is named for the U of M Team colors because I don't see anything blue or yellow here.

Gulo_gulo_2.jpg

By Zefram - Self-photographed, CC BY 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5492528

Actually I was relieved to hear a good joke, and you certainly got me good on that one Ric.

• 2 months later...