Who made this one?

Tommy

2 hours ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

When you put a light behind it, does the construction twist from pole to pole (ie: where the red stripes stop and, where they begin at the opposite pole)?Ā  Almost looks like it could be a handmade but hard to tell from the pics.

Thank you for all your input on the marbles im posting. I think this is what you are describing.Ā  Hope this helpsĀ 

20210218_174009.jpg

20210218_173901.jpg

Handmade could be American or Asian as well as German.Ā  Ā Edit: Handmade could also be Bulgarian.Ā  Maybe others.

I don't know what this one is.Ā  Just adding my 1.5 cents while waiting for That1.Ā Ā 

Agree with Steph, definite handmade, unsure again as Steph saidĀ as to the maker origin, the ox streak in it might be an indicator, any clues I'llhavethat1 ?? By the way Tommy nice clear multi viewĀ  & backlit picsĀ Ā :thup:Ā ................................................... "Again more sunlight"Ā Hmmm, maybe time for a road trip !! It's so damp around hereĀ I think my floor is starting to grow. Handmade mibs whereĀ made all over, Germany, Bulgaria, Asia,Ā Ā etc..... etc..... Yes !! Agreed, the greater bulk of old hand mades did comeĀ from Germany.

7 hours ago, Steph said:

Handmade could be American or Asian as well as German.Ā  Ā Edit: Handmade could also be Bulgarian.Ā  Maybe others.

I don't know what this one is.Ā  Just adding my 1.5 cents while waiting for That1.Ā Ā 

Ā 

21 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Agree with Steph, definite handmade, unsure again as Steph saidĀ as to the maker origin, the ox streak in it might be an indicator, any clues I'llhavethat1 ?? By the way Tommy nice clear multi viewĀ  & backlit picsĀ Ā :thup:Ā ................................................... "Again more sunlight"Ā Hmmm, maybe time for a road trip !! It's so damp around hereĀ I think my floor is starting to grow. Handmade mibs whereĀ made all over, Germany, Bulgaria, Asia,Ā Ā etc..... etc..... Yes !! Agreed, the greater bulk of old hand mades did comeĀ from Germany.

Thanks I was just wondering about the handmade i figured Germany was #1 for them. Yea Chad it has rained 3 days this year so far .Ā 

7 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Agree with Steph, definite handmade,Ā  ...

I don't actually have an opinion onĀ whether this is handmade or not.Ā  Ā The cutlines look machine-made to me though the glass makes me hope it is handmade.

My answer was purely about areas from which I know handmade marbles to come.Ā  Ā 

Sorry for the misunderstanding Steph, It sure looks like a cane end in the second backlit pic where the ox and glass flow linesĀ end and there is what appears to be a round ground or cut surface, it's so worn I can't really tell but "my" guess would be a handmade. It may not be ?? The glass with the floaters looks old & soft to me also. I may be way off on this one ??

I also think it may be handmade or transition period.Ā  I see where it looks like the blue color disappeared at the pole. Maybe where this was cut from the cane. If cane cut it would be early. SomeĀ of the handmadeĀ marbles were made in Iowa,Ā Ohio, MA. Some Leighton marbles have good oxblood. Some American companies which produced handmade marbles. Iowa City Flint Glass Manufacturing 1880-1882. Boston and Sandwich Company Massachusetts. Marble companies hand gathering marbles in Akron OH Samuel Dyke, Navarre OH 1896-1901, Barberton OH, Steubenville OH 1902. Then we get into MFC 1902 his first marble machine patent.Ā In 1905 MFC got a grounded patent for a marble machine. A wider more definite patent. So many handmade marbles were produced in the US before 1902.Ā