My new kittens

Steph

On 8/21/2021 at 6:27 AM, William said:

All marbled out :lol-016:

16295523464271917047374122867673.jpg

Look out !! That cats really not sleeping, I recognize that shifty eye  image.png.3d10f06d46c6caf9ca5a8a72561a9bcd.png Part of the deceptive marble collecting crew, probably has a whole new batch of mibs stashed about the house, the director "king underfoot "will try and disable you by putting some in plain sight where they are ignored and stepped on while trying to disable you  image.png.97bed7d352b82c0501059aab0e9552ee.png

• Haha 1

Shifty, crafty, that's about right. Just woke up to get ready for fishing and there are a few scattered on the floor around the entryway too the kitchen. I began to navigate them mentally as I approached while crossing a throw rug. Nailed an unseen 5/8 hiding in the rug. Oww. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, William said:

Shifty, crafty, that's about right. Just woke up to get ready for fishing and there are a few scattered on the floor around the entryway too the kitchen. I began to navigate them mentally as I approached while crossing a throw rug. Nailed an unseen 5/8 hiding in the rug. Oww. 

Meouch !!  image.png.c79a0b090825d4be23525acc6f02bc8a.png I mean "It wasn't me master" .. image.png.cb047aa23e42201b7945bca3861af508.png

Good luck out on the float today Brother, can't wait for some good old fishin pix of all the whoppers you're gonna catch !!

• 3 weeks later...

Our friend left this morning.

It was actually pretty cool.  He makes his cats step outside their comfort zone in a way I wouldn't do to my cats but all of our cats benefited from it.  Within two days his two and our two new ones were spending a lot of time in the same areas.  Not exactly friends but good socialization.  

Our touchy basement cat even got some interaction.  

The kittens explored the basement more.  

Back when Bear was in a tent to keep her separate because she was taking a long time to recover from being spayed (did I mention that?), the big cat Bibi got aggressive through her threw the mesh tent walls and their was a pooping accident because Bear was so scared and couldn't escape.  But now that Bear is out of the tent, she's able to run away, and so though there is still some aggression it doesn't bother me.  It's good exercise for Bibi.  Bibi needs the exercise.  She gained six pounds last year though she hardly eats anything.

Bear and Punkin get along okay. She batted him once or twice early on.  And he's still very tiny.  He's even lost a couple of ounces from his max, which I'm paying close attention to.   He's 2 lb 9 oz, down from 2 lb 11 oz.  But the vet office said it might just be from how incredibly active he is.  He runs everywhere on his mighty hind legs and his floppy little front legs.  ""

The kittens are almost 5 months and Bear weighs 5 pounds.  

Uhhhh ... I'm rambling.  I should edit.  But I won't. ;)  

Sooooo ... basically things are good.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Steph said:

Bear and Punkin get along okay. She batted him once or twice early on. 

Well, that was a pretty bad typo.  Bibi batted Punkin some weeks ago.  19.2 pound Bibi versus teeny tiny Punkin.

Punkin and Bear attack each other a lot but Bear's paws don't carry the wallop that Bibi's can.

Now though we feel pretty safe with Bibi and Punkin near each other. 

14 hours ago, Steph said:

Well, that was a pretty bad typo.  Bibi batted Punkin some weeks ago.  19.2 pound Bibi versus teeny tiny Punkin.

Punkin and Bear attack each other a lot but Bear's paws don't carry the wallop that Bibi's can.

Now though we feel pretty safe with Bibi and Punkin near each other. 

Bibi vs. punkin = Godzilla vs the ant !! I was watching punkin play, or was he watching me ?? It doesn't look like much get's past him, he's pretty crafty. His little mind seems to be just a hummin, he watches everything like a hawk !!

image.png.f162d8817c54efa1e412af2b4436d3be.png

I couldn't help it, I found it so had to post it !! Well, I guess I didn't "Have to"   "Now I know an ant can" move a rubber tree plant !!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

We lost Punkin last night.   We never found for sure what was causing his weight loss but the vet's final thoughts were that he was his liver, and was only a matter of time.   

Such a sweet spirit.   

KgcFbn8.jpg

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Steph said:

We lost Punkin last night.   We never found for sure what was causing his weight loss but the vet's final thoughts were that he was his liver, and was only a matter of time.   

Such a sweet spirit.   

KgcFbn8.jpg

Steph, that just sucks. Sorry to hear about this sad event. 

2 hours ago, Steph said:

Such a sweet spirit.   

KgcFbn8.jpg

Oh my !! So sorry Steph, I know you love your kids like I do mine. Every time one passes I tell myself I'll never have one again yet here I sit. Only here for a short time but they give us sooo much joy. I truly believe animals love us as we come to love them, I know Punkin thought of you as Mom. Only here for a short time but such a Blessing. 

Thank you both. 

I've never thought I would never have another again.

We still have two of course, but I don't think it's possible for us to be without a cat.  

I will say not another kitten.  Punkin has made me think I could be good at taking care of another special needs cat, but an older one.    Punkin and Bear were the last kittens for me.  

On 9/22/2021 at 12:05 PM, Steph said:

Such a sweet spirit.   

KgcFbn8.jpg

I'm so sorry Steph!! Punkin was certainly a joy to watch! Yes, certainly a sweet spirit who knew how to live life.  No matter how short their stay with us, we never forget. They are family after all. Take care!!!😢❤️

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Whiskers (the Male), is usually more active with the marbles than his mother Baby Girl. There's a whole mess of marbles behind the bathroom door. 

I guess after I posted my picture this morning Patty said she heard marbles banging off porcelain in the middle of the night, but not sure which one did it. Quite something to bring that many out of the bathroom, that's really swatting them pretty hard!

• 1 month later...

Hi Steph - long time no see! Of course the second thing I had to look at after a long absence (the first was the bad news about migbar) was your new kitten post.  So sorry about the little one. But your other newbie seems like he (she?) is doing great. Hope that`s still the case!

Ann!  Ann!  Ann!  

You were missed!

Excellent job going deep under cover!

Mike is so very missed.  :(  

Yes, Bear is spoiled and happy.  She doesn't always know it, because she doesn't like her feline housemates.  Oh the drama.  But she's doing well.