West Virginia Wednesday !!

3 hours ago, Dave 13 said:

Here is some nice Alley ‘s I got outbid on . . .

Hard to tell whether the black on green are pistachios or not without UV info, and the Peltiers are nice but . . .?

2 hours ago, Dave 13 said:

Hi thx for your input👍 I though maybe the ones with orange had a name but maybe I’m thinking of a different mib with similar colours thx 

If you were thinking of Alley Carnivals, yes, Black, red, and green are the same colors but I don't think those are carnivals or Alley, they are nice marbles and whoever outbid you I bet was banking on Carnivals not pistachios.

35 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

If you were thinking of Alley Carnivals, yes, Black, red, and green are the same colors but I don't think those are carnivals or Alley, they are nice marbles and whoever outbid you I bet was banking on Carnivals not pistachios.

They almost look like pelt NLR fruit cocktails of some sort, but I can’t really tell from the photos .

29 minutes ago, PittsburghMarbles said:

They almost look like pelt NLR fruit cocktails of some sort, but I can’t really tell from the photos .

I think all the fruit cocktail's (salad) and similar pelts have a transparent clear base, I can't really tell if the base is trans or opaque in those pix ??  I looked again and what looks like a black appears to have some clear in it ?? I wish there were some individual pix w/ multiple views for a more concise ID ??

image.png.f42d67c9140b38c0ad539f6e8c82d29f.png

I know I've posted this Alley swirl before but I found a pic of one w/ some Av. cullet next to if for this "West Virginia Wednesday"

image.png.85e5950731ff5fb7465999d4f975ed78.png

Av. cullet slab

image.png.3750e5fdd2f04868fa8e341a59b8e0a3.png

image.png.6b0cb41b682d9d50956be02c0f37a7b1.png

Different Based marble same av. cullet

image.png.90cd836b7993fa05a60be496d2977b99.png

• Like 3

On 4/12/2023 at 6:18 PM, Chad G. said:

Thx Chad that’s the name I was thinking of 

3 hours ago, Chad G. said:

image.png.f42d67c9140b38c0ad539f6e8c82d29f.png

I know I've posted this Alley swirl before but I found a pic of one w/ some Av. cullet next to if for this "West Virginia Wednesday"

image.png.85e5950731ff5fb7465999d4f975ed78.png

Av. cullet slab

image.png.3750e5fdd2f04868fa8e341a59b8e0a3.png

image.png.6b0cb41b682d9d50956be02c0f37a7b1.png

Different Based marble same av. cullet

image.png.90cd836b7993fa05a60be496d2977b99.png

It’s cool to see the bigger chunks of AV with the mibs thx for posting Chad 👍

Here is my best WVS--imho.
In honor of @wvrons and all of the folks that were or will be digging in West Virginia, what a great passion along with endless, thoughtless sharing for sure. What a great service you have all supplied to the marble collecting community.
I appreciate all of your efforts and the info that you have shared.
I really dig the names that you “digger” folks come up with.
This one just makes me wiggle a bit—I just love the name—the marble is not too shabby either.
Lady Tator—really?? Who else but the “Kings/ Queens” of Diggers” could come up with this name?
I love it—just love it.
Thanks to you all!!
WVS on!!
Marble—On !!

Tator 1.jpg

Tator 2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, akroorka said:

Here is my best WVS--imho.

I can tell a little story about this type. When Ron, Bill and I were naming these. Ron and Bill first suggested that we call it a Tater Lady. I said, "that name sounds a little dowdy, let's switch it up, 'Lady Tater' sounds much more refined", and that is the name we went with.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ric said:

I can tell a little story about this type. When Ron, Bill and I were naming these. Ron and Bill first suggested that we call it a Tater Lady. I said, "that name sounds a little dowdy, let's switch it up, 'Lady Tater' sounds much more refined", and that is the name we went with.

Great idea Ric, Tator Lady does sound a bit "dowdy". I do not know if "Lady Tator" shouts "refined":ROFL:. I sure do like the name though. I am glad to hear that you had a part in this.

There are many named marbles, this is the best name ever imho and by far one of the best Alley Agates that I have ever held.

Thanks for all that you do/have done.

Marble--On!!