West Virginia Wednesday !!

5 hours ago, circha said:

Hi - I'm new here. Here is what I have for WV Wednesday, this guy is just sitting on my desk, I like it too much to put away. 29/32".

Welcome to the Marble Connection, Circha! That's a nice example - the glass is so soft on those Alleys they're usually pretty beat up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, circha said:

Hi - I'm new here. Here is what I have for WV Wednesday, this guy is just sitting on my desk, I like it too much to put away. 29/32".

IMG_8763.thumb.jpeg.4341c1f087f28fd54e37d0582d2c7b49.jpegIMG_8761.thumb.jpeg.b54ee14488dc28ff5780eadfd60691de.jpeg

"Welcome to Marble Connection Catherine"    :wave2:

Super nice Alley Catherine, perfect place for it !!

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, Ric said:

Welcome to the Marble Connection, Circha! That's a nice example - the glass is so soft on those Alleys they're usually pretty beat up.

Hi - yeah it's got a lot of small nicks but is big and lovely and shiny and it makes me happy! Feels like a very special marble.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, circha said:

Hi - yeah it's got a lot of small nicks but is big and lovely and shiny and it makes me happy! Feels like a very special marble.

Oh yeah, it's a special marble - not so easy to come by.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ric said:

Oh yeah, it's a special marble - not so easy to come by.

Thanks! Yeah, I couldn't resist it - I had to buy it, but now as it sits here on my desk it really feels like one of those crazy special ones and I can't figure out how I was so lucky to get it, even if not completely mint.

1 hour ago, wvrons said:

The best one of these that I have ever found or seen.

It did get more than it's fair share didn't it - is it a big one?

And that must be the box John made you . . . it's really special.

Those are Heatons. The third or last row, second marble down, is very typical pattern of Heaton for this nice white base and nice red. It is named the Black Cherry. They almost always have this circle or closed loop question mark and the red on only one side or only half of the marble. If not the question mark pattern, it will be a nice red S on half of the marble. These are always Heaton. Cairo Novelty has one that is similar pattern and color but the red in not as bright. Plus the Cairo usually has the circle or C curve opened up  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1