On 2/21/2023 at 2:32 AM, Chad G. said:

image.png.2e66a02cc193bacbd2f5ee303d3afff1.png                     "Happy Peltier Tuesday"

I found out what this was after I purchased Elizabeth Kempski's book on cat eyes.  pg. 55 describes red as being the rarest of the base glass type for cats. Followed on pg. 56 by pictures of the two companies that made a red base glass cat, Marble King & Peltier. Her pictures are excellent and it was easy to pick this one out as Pelt. I've had two of them, this is the second, the first grew legs or wings I'm not sure which ?  The second was a lucky find for me.

image.thumb.jpeg.0d9b88e75323f5fadcf5a0d1a4fccfb6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0909e85f435ed7a936757b8a518ebc43.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e112ca3b980e500e8108d8682e764c5d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6e9d14b4ee9ff18199cd536f609c151e.jpeg

SO COOL! Thank you for the info amazing

• Like 1

So, this was in a crock pot in the early 90's along with sets of Peltier's, Akro's a few CAC's and other sets that some IDK, VWS and others where all the sets are mint, except the few CAC. There were some played with marbles, but there where 3-5  marbles in a set of different companies I grouped up, the sets were mint. 

I was advertising in the free adds of the Big nickel. An elder lady called and said she'd wanted $50 for her marbles which I told her, I'd have to see them first. When I got there, she began saying I was a collector, and her husband was one whom had passed. The she tried selling me baseball bats, gloves and balls. She was saying how much she hated her husband because he was a collector and left her with all this stuff. There were lots of collectibles of all shorts. She was asking me: How much would I pay for the bats and other things. I knew they were old for sure but, I don't know bats, I told her. 

Poor lady was such a nag, I stopped her and asked, about the marbles. I was getting annoyed about her ranting. So, when I saw the old dusty crock 3/4 filled finally, I hardly but brushed a few marbles, on the top; saw a cork or two, a slag or so and replied" "You want $50 for this?" In a stern manor, she said" "Yes!"

I gave her the money and it took IDK about 10 more minutes to get out of there, mannerly. 

After I left, I'd realized; Because of her attitude, I hadn't really looked at them so, I pulled over, began checking a little and a mint Lemon aide oxblood popped right up. Later at home, it all became obvious that crock had not been touched since the 1930-40's. I kind of felt a little bad because, had she not been so annoying, I would have spilled that crock, sorted them and paid her a fair price. 

Regardless, an old crock like that is one for the dreamers.

I'll never forget her saying: "You are a collector, I feel sorry for your wife! My husband, Blah, Blah, Blaw!"

peltlibertymiller.jpg.d402ab4e78fcdc42f6034114d77d44cc.jpg

• Like 4
  • Award 1