3/4" Peltier Window. 

Boy, gotta wonder when, were and how the name game got so messy. I mean, reviewing these, somehow it got discombobulated into Windshields. 

Whenever these popped up, it's like nothing in Peltier's line-up ever seen. Kind of electric with the blends, two different flavors and promoted by several prolific collectors and dealers.  Pretty sure Gino Biffiny. had a role in there, signing off a conformation. They look as if were dug-up and IDK maybe as much as 50 got distributed as a hot ticket. Was such a weird name for Peltier 'Window' but made more sense when in hand for the window of clear. Windshield? I've seen more mismatched names, it's remarkable.

Regardless, here's a pair of the two colors, Yellow/orange and Peachy with orange blend, Peltier 'Windows' came  in. The 'Window' goes clear through the center:

1442849409_PeltierWindows3quarterinchmint-.JPG.0927da1d8be5177180263a9cf7481d38.JPG

• Like 4
  • Award 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ric said:

This one looks like a contender to me, Tommy.

image.png.52f641a75749d9d0cd3dce2d56712d51.png

Here's one I had . . .

https://marbleconnection.com/uploads/monthly_2021_08/Ric371.jpg.dc439e212e6f145bada5af1d6c1e0768.jpg

Thanks Ric it looks different than the one I have that I thought was one til I got these in hand . 

5 hours ago, Jeff54 said:

3/4" Peltier Window.

On 10/20/2005 at 7:43 PM, moremarbles4me said:

Some background on the marbles and how they got thier name. My friend ran a newspaper ad years ago in central IL. A former Peltier factory worker contacted him about the ad. Long story short several coffee cans of marbles were purchased from this employee. In this can were Pelt honey onyx, clear rainbos, two color clear rainbos(experimental never sold to the public, I showed a picture of mine a few weeks back) and several other experimental types one of which is this windshield marble. The emplyee is the one that called this a windshield marble because of the window in the center of the marble.

Above is part of a post Charles W. made about these marbles back in 2005. According to him, it was a Peltier employee who gave them the "windshield" name.

1 hour ago, Chad G. said:

uv.  or av. ??

No UV or AV in mine. IMO it's the base glass along with the orange and white ribbons that distinguish the Antifreezes. They kind of look like they could be a common Rainbo but they are far from common.

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

No UV or AV in mine. IMO it's the base glass along with the orange and white ribbons that distinguish the Antifreezes. They kind of look like they could be a common Rainbo but they are far from common.

Ah, I was thinking of a discussion Ron and I had on Green Fizzes a couple months back, yes I agree w/ antifreeze for the ID. I was looking @ the wrong quote !! My bad ... :eusa_doh:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jeff54 said:

3/4" Peltier Window. 

Boy, gotta wonder when, were and how the name game got so messy. I mean, reviewing these, somehow it got discombobulated into Windshields. 

Whenever these popped up, it's like nothing in Peltier's line-up ever seen. Kind of electric with the blends, two different flavors and promoted by several prolific collectors and dealers.  Pretty sure Gino Biffiny. had a role in there, signing off a conformation. They look as if were dug-up and IDK maybe as much as 50 got distributed as a hot ticket. Was such a weird name for Peltier 'Window' but made more sense when in hand for the window of clear. Windshield? I've seen more mismatched names, it's remarkable.

Regardless, here's a pair of the two colors, Yellow/orange and Peachy with orange blend, Peltier 'Windows' came  in. The 'Window' goes clear through the center:

1442849409_PeltierWindows3quarterinchmint-.JPG.0927da1d8be5177180263a9cf7481d38.JPG

Great post.

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

Are those big ol bananas 🤔🤤

Yes, they are large and, better yet, they are "fat" - big chunky bananas. I really like a nice clear transparent glass, and I think the base glass used for the bananas is some of the best out there, crystal clear and bright, right up there with the base glass Vitro used for their Victories.

• Like 1
  • Award 1

17 hours ago, Ric said:

Above is part of a post Charles W. made about these marbles back in 2005. According to him, it was a Peltier employee who gave them the "windshield" name.

Thanks Chad. That splains a lot. It didn't get messed up later as the years have past rather, right out the "Window" as soon as they hit the market.

In my case, I know better then jumping on anything that floods the gates. I'd just waited until, 'like' $30 or $40 for a set of each. Which is also how I got the Killerest set of 5 Jabo Flames from Smitty: Patience. A Hawk on the wire waiting for the kill. 😉

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Jeff54 said:

Thanks Chad. That splains a lot. It didn't get messed up later as the years have past rather, right out the "Window" as soon as they hit the market.

In my case, I know better then jumping on anything that floods the gates. I'd just waited until, 'like' $30 or $40 for a set of each. Which is also how I got the Killerest set of 5 Jabo Flames from Smitty: Patience. A Hawk on the wire waiting for the kill. 😉

Wha ??