Gift Marbles

The busted up Blue Pelt slag was given to me by a lady on my paper route. She knew I liked marbles and she found this in her garden. A gift is a gift. Her newspaper was always in her mailbox and never got rain or snow on it. 

A few, I treasure these mibs above all the rest, given as gifts by people who consider me a friend and thought enough of me to send a little surprise. These will never leave my collection at any price !! The beat up blue slag was given to me when I was 10 years old by my Mother, my first marble, kept on a high-rise acrylic stand in a special place on the top shelf of my best curio. I have many, many Jabo's all given to me by a very good friend, all hand picked as the best they had, first ones I ever had all came as gifts, some fantastic people, among the best and closest friends I have, "Marble Friends are the Best Friends"  image.png.bfa127d392f982081bbc83a2ed0cda66.png

DSC03200.JPG

DSC03048.JPG

c bomb r g.PNG

DSC03586.JPG

DSC03317.JPG

DSC02646.JPG

422.PNG

112.PNG

90.PNG

I have so many.  

In 2104, these marbles showed up in a box on my porch with a fake name as the return address.  I suspect Mike Barton was involved in the surprise.    He was quick to make sure I saw the "blue base pearlescent patch" in this picture, and in later years he would refer a couple of times to how good I know he is at keeping secrets.  I could only guess he was talking about this one. 

CzauK9t.jpg

• Like 2

In 2019, I got this brilliant advent calendar from so many of our marble friends here, some named, some secret, with a compartment of marbles  to open each day leading up to Christmas. 

8Jm1r4T.jpg

Pictures posted here:  https://marbleconnection.com/topic/25222-advent-calendar-suddenly-i-am-in-the-holiday-spirit

And  many more  treasures along the way.  I have much to bump this thread with.   Some of my first gifts came from Carole Shockley and Diane Wise (forum name Dejapa), who both have passed on.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Just a sample of the Treasure from my Brother overseas  image.png.2e642961a5cac9605b0a0b41c6358f4b.png   

image.png

:pirate::pirate::pirate::pirate::pirate::pirate::pirate::pirate::pirate::pirate::pirate:

Yooo Hooo Hooo and a box filled with Treasure 👌😎👍....Glad you like em Brother 🇾🇪🤝🇺🇲

On 7/8/2021 at 10:23 AM, Steph said:

In 2019, I got this brilliant advent calendar from so many of our marble friends here, some named, some secret, with a compartment of marbles  to open each day leading up to Christmas. 

8Jm1r4T.jpg

Pictures posted here:  https://marbleconnection.com/topic/25222-advent-calendar-suddenly-i-am-in-the-holiday-spirit

And  many more  treasures along the way.  I have much to bump this thread with.   Some of my first gifts came from Carole Shockley and Diane Wise (forum name Dejapa), who both have passed on.  

What a wonderful gift!

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 10:13 AM, Steph said:

I have so many.  

In 2104, these marbles showed up in a box on my porch with a fake name as the return address.  I suspect Mike Barton was involved in the surprise.    He was quick to make sure I saw the "blue base pearlescent patch" in this picture, and in later years he would refer a couple of times to how good I know he is at keeping secrets.  I could only guess he was talking about this one. 

CzauK9t.jpg

You deserve it Steph for all of the hard work you do. You are a treasure indeed. 

On 7/7/2021 at 3:23 AM, Chad G. said:

A few, I treasure these mibs above all the rest, given as gifts by people who consider me a friend and thought enough of me to send a little surprise. These will never leave my collection at any price !! The beat up blue slag was given to me when I was 10 years old by my Mother, my first marble, kept on a high-rise acrylic stand in a special place on the top shelf of my best curio. I have many, many Jabo's all given to me by a very good friend, all hand picked as the best they had, first ones I ever had all came as gifts, some fantastic people, among the best and closest friends I have, "Marble Friends are the Best Friends"  image.png.bfa127d392f982081bbc83a2ed0cda66.png

DSC03200.JPG

DSC03048.JPG

c bomb r g.PNG

DSC03586.JPG

DSC03317.JPG

DSC02646.JPG

422.PNG

112.PNG

90.PNG

What nice marbles, you deserve them! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chad G. said:

More marbles from my Brother overseas  :lol-016:

DSC03789.JPG

Another shot of the 15/16ths Veiligglas, the Akro Dart Bowl is mine, Yeah Buddy    image.png.43aa7af31f3dcbb27e819fa67cc4d41e.png

DSC03774.JPG

I thought you could only have AKROs in an AKRO bowl😱😱😱

• Haha 1

Gotta make the best of space ?? I like having everything out where I can see it. I've incorporated most all my Akro ware into my collection, guess I kinda Frankensteined it for lack of a better word !! Ok !! ya got me !!!     :deadhorse:

• Haha 2

On 8/21/2021 at 5:49 AM, Chad G. said:

More marbles from my Brother overseas  :lol-016:

DSC03789.JPG

Another shot of the 15/16ths Veiligglas, the Akro Dart Bowl is mine, Yeah Buddy    image.png.43aa7af31f3dcbb27e819fa67cc4d41e.png

DSC03774.JPG

Nice piece of Art made of that Meteors 💪😎👍 , and a special place those wirepull marbles have .....Marble On !!!! 🤘

Nice pictures 👌

• Like 1
  • Award 1