0.25$ and Glows!!

SherryFain

Is that one UV. reactive or is the light just reflecting off the base color giving the illusion of a slight UV. reaction ?? Glowing is when exposed to regular light it "remains glowing" after the light is removed, UV. reactive means it appears to glow only when exposed to UV. A sticking point I know but there are newer marbles that "glow" and some that are UV light reactive. Sorry, no ideas on I.D. on this one ?? Here are a few pics of a good reaction to UV.

Regular daylight bulb

image.thumb.png.452188a673e7d24b69b35699f2f0bc37.png

Same marbles under a blacklight tube

image.thumb.png.cb0537d17fda89aba1f1cdd4549ff303.png

A UV. reactive based glass marble will generally light up like the sun when exposed, appearing to almost be putting off it's own light.

The same mib in hand

image.png.740240726d9bcaaf679f8569c28e9dca.png

• Like 1

Old and new marbles can glow under uv light.  You can get different colors of uv glow depending on what is making the glow. Sometimes the marble makers or companies did this on purpose or planned and more times it was not planned. If the scrap or cullet glass used in making the marbles glowed, then the marbles will glow. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Is that one UV. reactive or is the light just reflecting off the base color giving the illusion of a slight UV. reaction ?? Glowing is when exposed to regular light it "remains glowing" after the light is removed, UV. reactive means it appears to glow only when exposed to UV. A sticking point I know but there are newer marbles that "glow" and some that are UV light reactive. Sorry, no ideas on I.D. on this one ?? Here are a few pics of a good reaction to UV.

Regular daylight bulb

image.thumb.png.452188a673e7d24b69b35699f2f0bc37.png

Same marbles under a blacklight tube

image.thumb.png.cb0537d17fda89aba1f1cdd4549ff303.png

A UV. reactive based glass marble will generally light up like the sun when exposed, appearing to almost be putting off it's own light.

The same mib in hand

image.png.740240726d9bcaaf679f8569c28e9dca.png

You know? I’m not sure.. it shows pink with the black light but I will have another look see.