European Import / Asian Trilite ?

Mojo

This could pass as a Asian Trilite 

Not American made i think but they are doing their best to copy 

Using red like Vitro and other colors blended in and a part of this marble is transparant like the Trilite 

I backlighted it to show it the best i can for you all

Comments are more then welcome 

20211008_084131.jpg

20211008_084030.jpg

20211008_084005.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wvrons said:

Using the names which has been used for or by another company or a already named marble has always and will always cause more confusion.    

How should we call these trilite look a like  then ? Any suggestions that are better then foreign or asian would be nice   

More information for them is much needed.  Maybe the company who made them had a name for them ?  It is difficult to change a name once it is used for some time. Like with the Peltier John Deere. The John Deere tractor is base green with yellow accents.  But the marble is yellow base with green accents.  The name is backwards but there is no way to change the mistake now. 

Using the Tri Lite name and before long people will be selling these as Vitro Tri Lite or just Tri Lites to new collectors or uneducated older collectors. 

Each time a name already in use for time, is used for another company or a different marble, it has caused confusion and long lasting problems. 

Same question I ask almost weekly. How many different Superman marbles are there ?  Some companies have more than one. Jabo may have four or five Superman.  What was the first company to have a marble named Superman ?  Names are a benefit but need to be used proper, correct and with caution. Peo

The name game can and has got out of hand or control. Just check Ebay marble Listing. People assume if it has a name it is worth more.  So they name everything any name they want. The more flashy, super rare, super old, or any name to catch the eye of a unsuspecting buyer.  They do it now every week by the hundreds.  It may be listed as a Vitro Whitie and actually be a modern Jabo or Vacor.  

More information for them is much needed.  Maybe the company who made them had a name for them ?  It is difficult to change a name once it is used for some time. Like with the Peltier John Deere. The John Deere tractor is base green with yellow accents.  But the marble is yellow base with green accents.  The name is backwards but there is no way to change the mistake now. 

Using the Tri Lite name and before long people will be selling these as Vitro Tri Lite or just Tri Lites to new collectors or uneducated older collectors. 

Each time a name already in use for time, is used for another company or a different marble, it has caused confusion and long lasting problems. 

Same question I ask almost weekly. How many different Superman marbles are there ?  Some companies have more than one. Jabo may have four or five Superman.  What was the first company to have a marble named Superman ?  Names are a benefit but need to be used proper, correct and with caution. Peo

The name game can and has got out of hand or control. Just check Ebay marble Listing. People assume if it has a name it is worth more.  So they name everything any name they want. The more flashy, super rare, super old, or any name to catch the eye of a unsuspecting buyer.  They do it now every week by the hundreds.  It may be listed as a Vitro Whitie and actually be a modern Jabo or Vacor.  

Just saying and my intention is to clear the foreign and the asian thing to just get it over with every time we see a marble we cant ID....lets give them a name ourselfs....there are only a few forums with collectors from the USA and some from Europe....and from overseas we hear ....ow that one is asian ....that one is foreign....well....there are a lot of asian and foreign marbles that are real killer to look at and deserve to get a name to list them in the future and be recognised...and lets just make tings better and open a new chapter on a book thats opend but not yet written 

Just a thought.... 

• Like 1

More information for them is much needed.  Maybe the company who made them had a name for them ?  .... 

Wouldn't it be amazing if we could make a breakthrough in that direction?  

Actual company names and actual company style names.  

Lets call these "foreign" ...asian looking like trilites different .....lets call em mojo's and get it over with 🤹‍♂️ , better then shuffle them away every time with yelling foreign....or asian ✌🧐👍  

20211009_072539.jpg

20211009_072632.jpg

20211009_072039.jpg

Few more with 1/4 or 1/2 of the marble transparant and color patch or ribbons 

Lets give these type of "foreign" "asian" marbles a name and start give them a spot in the world of collecting marbles 

20211009_080808.jpg

20211009_080717.jpg

20211009_080605.jpg

20211009_075756.jpg

1 hour ago, Steph said:

I agree, this one deserves a name that sets it apart from the run-of-the-mill three-ribbon Imperial.     C'mon folks, put on your thinking caps.

20211008_085322.jpg

If I am seeing orange, red, pink, peach, green, and blue;  and if it was too get a name one day and I could name it, I would dub it "Rainbow Sherbet". It looks pretty tasty 😛

• Like 2

Nothing to lose 

Mojo's

The foreign marbles with a transparant section just like the vitro trilites 

1 almost can almost get away as a helmet , the white with the green stripe and the transparant section 

20211009_085302.jpg

20211009_085430.jpg

20211009_083909.jpg

20211009_085535.jpg

3 minutes ago, William said:

If I am seeing orange, red, pink, peach, green, and blue;  and if it was too get a name one day and I could name it, I would dub it "Rainbow Sherbet". It looks pretty tasty 😛

MRS 

MoJo Rainbow Sherbet 

Yes William 😎👍😅🤹‍♂️🌈

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, William said:

Yellow Sherbet ?

What do you think William ? 😅👍

20211009_091551.jpg

9 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Nothing to lose 

Mojo's

The foreign marbles with a transparant section just like the vitro trilites 

1 almost can almost get away as a helmet , the white with the green stripe and the transparant section 

20211009_085302.jpg

20211009_085430.jpg

20211009_083909.jpg

20211009_085535.jpg

That might get confusing, too many different "looks",  from marble too marble, to have all of them called just one name; in my opinion. And what if 10, 20, or more marbles with  different "looks" hit the scene; all different then what's posted here pertaining to traits like opaque, translucent, clear, color scheme....oh boy. Who knows? Maybe some of these beauties did recieve their own special, individual name, and someone out there stumbles upon the evidence? 🤔

Think William nailed it 

SHERBETS 

Nice 🤹‍♂️

It will filter the one color with a transparant section and the patch and ribbon marbles with a transparant section from the rest for starters ....just foreign or asian is so lame...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, William said:

That might get confusing, too many different "looks",  from marble too marble, to have all of them called just one name; in my opinion. And what if 10, 20, or more marbles with  different "looks" hit the scene; all different then what's posted here pertaining to traits like opaque, translucent, clear, color scheme....oh boy. Who knows? Maybe some of these beauties did recieve their own special, individual name, and someone out there stumbles upon the evidence? 🤔

Think the fellows in the east who made these didnt name them , they just try to copy them just like they always do to make money by "stealing" blueprints of the original stuff...., think Sherbets is a nice name to call these ones , the ones that match the discription ...one color with a transparant section or the patch and ribbon ones with a transparant section that are not made in the USA 👌 ....and as long we have no one to bring evidence or a closed package with the names on it .....why not ? 

I think the 3 ribbon Imperial has a lot of different traits. I hate the word hermaphrodite but I see this marble split in half in terms of ribbon colors. The colors of the ribbons and baseglass seem to be close to Pelts and or Kokomos. Red,Blue and Green ribbons. Let’s call it the Imperial RBG ! 

Just now, Fire1981 said:

Who’s next ? Steph ! You started it 🤪

Yeah Steph 🤹‍♂️ ....Vote Sherbets !!! 😁👍

A start to start separate these marbles from the rest we call asain and foreign 

The ones that are one color with a transparant section and the ones with a patch and ribbons with a transparant section so far we have the yellow Sherbet and the Rainbow Sherbet , and i say....why not....its fun and we have nothing to lose 

Marble on 🤹‍♂️

20211009_091551.jpg

20211008_085322.jpg