European Import / Asian Trilite ?

Mojo

My thanks to all 

The opaque type ...yellow sherbet is born

The rainbow sherbet is born 

The mojo sherbets....European Marbles opaque one color with a transparant section or a patch and ribbon one with a transparant section ....🤹‍♂️😎👍.....marble on !!!! 

To be continued with examples to judge and to be added in this innovation topic 🤹‍♂️😃👍

Trust me. Rainbow Sherbet was born along time ago. My Grandma in Iowa always had at least 2 gallons of that in the chest freeze. Ya know….the ones you had to leave out for a half an hour just to try to get one scoop out. Can I get a 2X on my Grandma’s Rainbow sherbet ? 

• Haha 1

just me .... this name thing has got out of control. this is a good example. their .. just ... foreign or asian marbles. nothing special. and to personalize is just ... %%%%%% ........ tri-lites are ... vitro exclusive. for me .... beauty ... rarity ... limited examples ... are named marbles. too old to change ... and i don't and won't ... bill

On 10/12/2021 at 2:33 AM, mibcapper said:

just me .... this name thing has got out of control. this is a good example. their .. just ... foreign or asian marbles. nothing special. and to personalize is just ... %%%%%% ........ tri-lites are ... vitro exclusive. for me .... beauty ... rarity ... limited examples ... are named marbles. too old to change ... and i don't and won't ... bill

I agree with Bill. It is confusing enough just to get the marble maker identified .

On 10/12/2021 at 11:33 AM, mibcapper said:

We are not going to change the ones that have a name Bill , no need to do that and thats confusing and it wont work

We try to give asain or foreign marbles a name so we can order them a little , not trowing them on a big pile because they are not american made , i will and i will try 

Another option is to stop using names , and just say if we see one and recognize it....its american...and then go on to the next 

Is it a bad thing that we try and give the foreign and asain marbles an real identity ?

Thinking a little out of the box and try to break old limited habits a little concerning the marbles from the east , a new book maybe !!??....✌

🇺🇲🤝🇳🇱

So....just asian....

Nothing special ?

I think we can do better then that for the new generation of marble collectors 

These are ? ...you tell me 

I think they are beautifull and deserve a personal name , its not easy but not impossible 

Comments more then welcome 

20210802_123949.jpg

20210802_123308.jpg

20210802_123705.jpg

20210520_083814.jpg

20210525_065656.jpg

We can make a start , we made a start try to name these so its more personal 

Sherbets ...the asian and foreign type marbles that have a specific look

Opaque single color with a transparant section 

Opaque holding a ribbon , 2 ribbons or even a small patch but the most important thing ....they have a transparant section to make it a Sherbet 

Some examples....and what we have to lose ....more knowledge ? Inovation ? expanding the marble horizon ? A new challenge ?More Fun ?  

Sherbets .....and bring me proof the factory or the makers named it when they made it 

As long as i dont find a box or bag that is labeled with these kind of marbles , they are in my book as Sherbets ✌😉👍

Yellow Sherbet ( one color with transparant section ).....can also be red , blue , green ... whatever single color they used , the example are 2 yellow ones , will find one with another single color for sure 

Rainbow Sherbet ( multicolor with transparant section )

Opaque Sherbet ( single or 2 ribbon,  small patch with a transparant section )

Peace and may God bless you all 

20211009_091551.jpg

20211009_085430.jpg

20211009_080808.jpg

20211009_072539.jpg

20211008_085322.jpg

20211008_085439.jpg

20211008_084131.jpg

20211003_190607.jpg

The Figure Eight marbles have a name. A specific name for a specific marble, not a wide group name.  They also went for the last 20 plus years with no name.  The name was tried and it stuck. That is the way with any name unless the company named it. If people have the marbles and the name fits the certain marble. The name may be used by collectors every where and stick.  The problems happen when the name does not fit the marble. Or the name is backwards or reverse of the actual marble looks.. Or the name has already been used for another marble.  I can name a few marbles that only I have and super hard for collectors to find. But will that name mean anything to anyone but myself ?  History is a big factor for named marbles. I don't like it but marble collectors buy or collect by companies and names. If the true history were known on the figure eight marbles ? The popularity and the value would increase two to five times. How many collectors have or even know of the figure eight marbles ? From what I see over the years is maybe three or four out of every 100 collectors know what a figure eight marble looks like or ever heard of the name.  The keys are the name fits the marble correct and it has not already been used or over used. If a new name is attached to a marble. It is either used  regular by the majority of collectors or not.  I don't think every marble deserves a name, just my opinion. Twenty five years ago if a marble had a name, I always thought if the marble had a name it was a special marble, one to hunt for. But that it no longer applies or is the case today. Named marbles 20-25 years ago had more value than today. Because even $1.00 and less marbles now have names. The named marbles list is impossible for any collector to keep track of or think of remembering or knowing the names.  I have problems braking old habits, because most of the time they worked well. That is how they become a habit. I don't think every marble above is special and needs a name. But one or two of the marbles above are nice and they deserve to be hunted more and their history discovered.  How many collectors have the marbles above in their collections ? If more was known about them, maybe more of them would show up ?  For the value on most things the market needs to be created. If the need or desire is there the value will follow. Now just a name for a marble will not create a market or value. Those days are gone. Today far to many common plain marbles with names. Collectors will decided what happens for the future. More confusion or less ? More facts or more myths and guesses ?  Values increasing or dropping ?  All just my opinions and we all have them. 

1 hour ago, wvrons said:

The Figure Eight marbles have a name. A specific name for a specific marble, not a wide group name.  They also went for the last 20 plus years with no name.  The name was tried and it stuck. That is the way with any name unless the company named it. If people have the marbles and the name fits the certain marble. The name may be used by collectors every where and stick.  The problems happen when the name does not fit the marble. Or the name is backwards or reverse of the actual marble looks.. Or the name has already been used for another marble.  I can name a few marbles that only I have and super hard for collectors to find. But will that name mean anything to anyone but myself ?  History is a big factor for named marbles. I don't like it but marble collectors buy or collect by companies and names. If the true history were known on the figure eight marbles ? The popularity and the value would increase two to five times. How many collectors have or even know of the figure eight marbles ? From what I see over the years is maybe three or four out of every 100 collectors know what a figure eight marble looks like or ever heard of the name.  The keys are the name fits the marble correct and it has not already been used or over used. If a new name is attached to a marble. It is either used  regular by the majority of collectors or not.  I don't think every marble deserves a name, just my opinion. Twenty five years ago if a marble had a name, I always thought if the marble had a name it was a special marble, one to hunt for. But that it no longer applies or is the case today. Named marbles 20-25 years ago had more value than today. Because even $1.00 and less marbles now have names. The named marbles list is impossible for any collector to keep track of or think of remembering or knowing the names.  I have problems braking old habits, because most of the time they worked well. That is how they become a habit. I don't think every marble above is special and needs a name. But one or two of the marbles above are nice and they deserve to be hunted more and their history discovered.  How many collectors have the marbles above in their collections ? If more was known about them, maybe more of them would show up ?  For the value on most things the market needs to be created. If the need or desire is there the value will follow. Now just a name for a marble will not create a market or value. Those days are gone. Today far to many common plain marbles with names. Collectors will decided what happens for the future. More confusion or less ? More facts or more myths and guesses ?  Values increasing or dropping ?  All just my opinions and we all have them. 

Clear story

Just want to indicate with this topic that I am definitely someone who is serious about collecting marbles and would like to be someone when I grow up who takes over the proverbial baton from the experts and so can tell the even younger generation about the different marbles and their history

And then... why can't you add some names left and right to at least make it more fun and personalize it even further and this will also add a more versatile identifier to the whole story in terms of asain and foreign , just like the figure 8

And with a little cooperation from the veterans in this profession that shouldn't be a problem I thought

Not for the value ....just for the innovation in the world of marble collection and most of all because its fun to do ✌

My thoughts were that  distinguishing the ones which actually do look nice and look somewhat like Vitros from the really cheap definitely modern Asian ones with the cold-roll v-cutline  could be useful.  These pretty ones with longer seams are worth another look.  And that extra look could be a step toward  finding out who made this style.  

Names generate interest.  And supposedly we're interested in learning more about the marbles which show up more in Europe than in other places.  Our understanding of European marbles has a lot of gaps.  

I see Mojo as ideally positioned to help on the project of filling in those gaps.  And I see these pretty non-American non-Mexican marbles as a worthy style to consider along the way of filling in the gaps.  

And the name "Sherbet" avoids confusion with the names used for American marbles.  

So I see more pros than cons here.  

• Award 1

As an older collector in various fields of interest, and as a newer collector when it comes to the vast world of marbles; I can respectfully see the points made in both the pros and cons presented by my peers on this subject. Such is why I used the word "if" when saying Sherbet. Alot of unknowns regarding these "mystery" mibs. It will be interesting to see if future research does provide some kind of answers. Somewhere out there lies the answer to the beginning. Whether that answer is ever discovered remains to be seen. I would like too see something conclusive take place that will benefit the marble collecting community as it forges forward into undiscovered country 😊

• Like 1
  • Award 1

11 hours ago, William said:

As an older collector in various fields of interest, and as a newer collector when it comes to the vast world of marbles; I can respectfully see the points made in both the pros and cons presented by my peers on this subject. Such is why I used the word "if" when saying Sherbet. Alot of unknowns regarding these "mystery" mibs. It will be interesting to see if future research does provide some kind of answers. Somewhere out there lies the answer to the beginning. Whether that answer is ever discovered remains to be seen. I would like too see something conclusive take place that will benefit the marble collecting community as it forges forward into undiscovered country 😊

All over it concerning to get my hands on a box , closed bag with these marbles in it , maybe a maker on it , a name , some leads....wheels are turning ✌😎👍🤹‍♂️

11 hours ago, William said:

This we found so far 

Not the ones i am looking for but its a start

IMG-20211013-WA0030.jpg

IMG-20211013-WA0032.jpg

IMG-20211013-WA0033.jpg

IMG-20211013-WA0034.jpg

IMG-20211013-WA0029.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mojo said:

All over it concerning to get my hands on a box , closed bag with these marbles in it , maybe a maker on it , a name , some leads....wheels are turning ✌😎👍🤹‍♂️

Ordered a few of these bags , see where this will go , from a contact that has stuff from an old toy depot stored 

Screenshot_20210812-130102_Marktplaats.jpg

• Like 2