Should I?

This bag looks like Vacor, I see iridescent marbles and a MM size, & it says "Meteor" right on the bag, a well known Vacor marble, Oop, I can barely make out  "Mexico" along the bottom right hand side, I'm gonna say Vacor positively.

image.png

This is a German bag but it says "Made In Mexico" in German so I'd guess Vacor also on these.

image.png.6881ef60a8abdd2b3444cad53cd2e5f2.png

Guessing on these but I see a barcode so newer cat eyes and I se mm again so guessing foreign made, I'd say low value if any.

image.png.b70c6cef61246e92873414f5d8a5fa45.png

Can't see these

image.png.eb5515a5c23bc1eb7764dea30dd1bc0a.png

Again I see the "made in Mexico" tag and a slight cobalt blue reflection, plain clearies, very low value !!

image.png.d2a74115c3c24815e145b76f26010c83.png

Looks like all cat eyes in this one

image.png.b8eae0ce8b3bee9dbcda61239c9a5944.png

Another bag of cat eyes and you can see "Made in Taiwan" on the bottom of the bag, so all of these very common, collector value little to nothing, maybe you're daughter would like them, safe to play with and such ?? A great bunch of play marbles. Some cats are worth money especially in the original packaging but I don't see anything here ?? Elizabeth Kempski (known as pinx on Ebay) just finished probably the best book ever written on cat eyes and associated marbles, full color pix w/marbles, packaging, countries of origin, values etc...  I don't have a link but perhaps someone else will. I have the book and highly recommend it even if you don't collect cats a good book to have around, I bought mine direct from her which I think she still offers to avoid the Ebay fees !! I think I paid under $30.00 including shipping so a more than fair price. By the way I "like" your new Avatar, is that your signature I see on the bottom ??

image.png.ec816ea08c5acc81af4d6679aa2826bc.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chad G. said:

This bag looks like Vacor, I see iridescent marbles and a MM size, & it says "Meteor" right on the bag, a well known Vacor marble, Oop, I can barely make out  "Mexico" along the bottom right hand side, I'm gonna say Vacor positively.

image.png

This is a German bag but it says "Made In Mexico" in German so I'd guess Vacor also on these.

image.png.6881ef60a8abdd2b3444cad53cd2e5f2.png

Guessing on these but I see a barcode so newer cat eyes and I se mm again so guessing foreign made, I'd say low value if any.

image.png.b70c6cef61246e92873414f5d8a5fa45.png

Can't see these

image.png.eb5515a5c23bc1eb7764dea30dd1bc0a.png

Again I see the "made in Mexico" tag again and a slight cobalt blue reflection, plain clearies, very low value !!

image.png.d2a74115c3c24815e145b76f26010c83.png

Looks like all cat eyes in this one

image.png.b8eae0ce8b3bee9dbcda61239c9a5944.png

Another bag of cat eyes and you can see "Made in Taiwan" on the bottom of the bag, so all of these very common, collector value little to nothing, maybe you're daughter would like them, safe to play with and such ?? A great bunch of play marbles. Some cats are worth money especially in the original packaging but I don't see anything here ?? Elizabeth Kempski (known as pinx on Ebay) just finished probably the best book ever written on cat eyes and associated marbles, full color pix w/marbles, packaging, countries of origin, values etc...  I don't have a link but perhaps someone else will. I have the book and highly recommend it even if you don't collect cats a good book to have around, I bought mine direct from her which I think she still offers to avoid the Ebay fees !! I think I paid under $30.00 including shipping so a more than fair price. By the way I "like" your new Avatar, is that your signature I see on the bottom ??

image.png.ec816ea08c5acc81af4d6679aa2826bc.png

Thank you so much for your help with these.. 

Yes, that’s my signature :) I’m an artist.. as a another hobby anyway. The image is one of my little creations..

1 hour ago, SherryFain said:

Yes, that’s my signature :) I’m an artist.. as a another hobby anyway. The image is one of my little creations..

Cool, I enlarged it 500% to try and decipher the pic and seen the signature. I like the new look !! This is what I seen at 500 mag, I could just barely make out the first name, maybe you could post some of your favorite work on "The Lounge" thread ?? I'm always up for something new & interesting !! A great place to share non marble related things relax, maybe joke around a little, kind of a get to know other board members a little better, share other hobbies, trips,  etc.. just about anything you want to share !! Some funny stuff there. Mibs, mibs, mibs ....... can make "Johnny a dull boy ". So a point of refuge for many from  :computer-22:   &  this :lol-016:  & this  :evil-grin-smileys-111:  & some more of this :lol-016: can make you like this  :confused-smileys-327:

image.png.8508529471822b800d5213b877a5aeaa.png

• Award 1

1 hour ago, Chad G. said:

Cool, I enlarged it 500% to try and decipher the pic and seen the signature. I like the new look !! This is what I seen at 500 mag, I could just barely make out the first name, maybe you could post some of your favorite work on "The Lounge" thread ?? I'm always up for something new & interesting !! A great place to share non marble related things relax, maybe joke around a little, kind of a get to know other board members a little better, share other hobbies, trips,  etc.. just about anything you want to share !! Some funny stuff there. Mibs, mibs, mibs ....... can make "Johnny a dull boy ". So a point of refuge for many from  :computer-22:   &  this :lol-016:  & this  :evil-grin-smileys-111:  & some more of this :lol-016: can make you like this  :confused-smileys-327:

image.png.8508529471822b800d5213b877a5aeaa.png

I will take you up on that! I’m curious what you think of it too. 🥰

1 hour ago, SherryFain said:

I'm missing something.  I'm referring to the sharp shooter bag header.   That looks "real" and interesting to me.  

Your avatar IS beautiful if that's what you thought I meant.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steph said:

I'm missing something.  I'm referring to the sharp shooter bag header.   That looks "real" and interesting to me.  

Your avatar IS beautiful if that's what you thought I meant.  

This is all I could find on "Sharp Shooter Marbles" evidently not Vacor I guess ?? They sure look like it, I did find some newer bags of them being sold in Australia & the look exactly like Vacor, I'll dig a bit more, here's all I could find, the server wouldn't respond ??

image.png.e230a71debb18f2574229e913670d036.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

This is all I could find on "Sharp Shooter Marbles" evidently not Vacor I guess ?? They sure look like it, I did find some newer bags of them being sold in Australia & the look exactly like Vacor, I'll dig a bit more, here's all I could find, the server wouldn't respond ??

image.png.e230a71debb18f2574229e913670d036.png

Hmm ?? I'm getting the run round trying to find the manufacture location of the "Sharp Shooter" mibs. The 1981 one say "sold in Australia" but it won't confirm a location or show a place of manufacture on any of the labels, really strange, I looked at tons of pictures, and you can get some new ones right now from various stores but not a one of them specifies the manufacture or country of origin when you click on specifications ??. I'm really quite perplexed, when I click on any pic of the vintage bag or listing it says something went wrong, I've tried everything, even skirting around it, "Nothin" I'll get to the bottom of it or someone will !! The newer bags suggest an Australian based manufacture ?? Oh boy, the link I copied won't respond either, goes to the same message "somethings wrong" & "try later" It shows the sharp shooter header but that's it ?? Grrrr, what a trip, I thought for sure these were Vacor ?? They might be but like Steph said I've never heard of them before either. Maybe someone will hear me ?? Ready ... Heeeelp !!!!!!!! ... Wait on it ... wait ...  :icon_popcorn:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Steph said:

(Don't take it off the bag or bend it ... just maybe somehow give us a closer peek. :thup: )

This is the lower (R) hand corner of the third "Sharp Shooter" header, same header as # 1, you can barely make out "Mexico"

image.png

All The other images of vintage "Sharp shooter" headers say "Made In Mexico" and the newer looking ones that are for sale have no visible provenance anywhere. I got lots of replies when I googled "Where were Sharp shooter marbles manufactured, no headers like these, similar that they were round but all different colors and no "Cowboy & Kangaroo"

• Like 2

Marbles are likely Vacor.   It would be cool to have that header.    Would be interesting to eventually learn if there is a date on the header, but would be nice to have it no matter the year.

• Like 1

Neat bags.  I'd guess late 80's into 90's.  I have Sharp Shooter bags from Australia that have Made in Mexico on the header and marbles that look Vacor.  Sharp Shooter went out of business some years back.  Those would be neat bags for a collection even if not high values.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Guess this was correct after all, I'll bet those were Vacor mibs they just gave them a different looking Header w/ a Cowboy & Kangaroo on it as some kinda marketing ploy to sell more in Australia ?? :dunno:

image.png.901ca6d453693cb99aa6f0c25d13dd22.png

Another "Sharp Shooter" Header, all of them I found say out of stock, so several different headers though this one does say, online toys Australia www.onlinetoys.com.au. Which says their out of stock so "all gone" maybe a few bags floating around Ebay somewhere ??

image.png.83a4c889726910cc03c055a3ad02d0fb.png

Ah, found a bag for sale, these certainly resemble Vacor, especially the ones pictured on the header !!

LINK https://www.mrtoys.com.au/novelties/impulse-and-novelty/marbles-assorted-350g-in-cdu-24753.html

image.png.6306deea83b473b8c74fa45f1ee032b4.png

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SherryFain said:

He’s asking me to make an offer 😳 no idea guys.. what would you say? For all of it?

As a new collector--you have to know when to pull your teeth in. You have shown us plenty of marbles that you have that still need to research. I would offer $35 and walk away--just because I have never seen some of these tags before. I have been collecting for a lot of years and still have to pull mine in--make an offer and don't back down unless a counter offer is close--within $5-$8 or so. Collect what you like--not as an investment. I do not know how deep your pockets are--slow down and keep it in all in perspective. Allways be tough on the seller--he/she will still be making money no doubt.

Marble--On!!!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Al Oregon said:

Neat bags.  I'd guess late 80's into 90's.  I have Sharp Shooter bags from Australia that have Made in Mexico on the header and marbles that look Vacor.  Sharp Shooter went out of business some years back.  Those would be neat bags for a collection even if not high values.

Thanks Al !!

• Like 1