Blue Zebra?

Fire1981

I don' t have one but I just looked at Sami Arim's book on Peltiers & there's one pic of a blue Zebra in the "Two color NLR" section & one pic in the "Aventurine" section.  In both cases blue ribbons on a white base, one without any visible av and one absolutely loaded. I have a bunch of zebras w/ blue av., no av.,  bronze av., green av. & silver av as well as mixed but as yet no "Blue Zebra" I went to the "Peltier info site" but no pic of one there as well, only place I personally seen an actual example is in Sami's book. I believe a "True Blue Zebra" has blue ribbons on a white base, not sure if av is a qualifier ?? If it has blue ribbons I'd guess it's a Blue Zebra, maybe Sami will post on this matter ??

Following Chad’s post, yes,  Blue Zebras exist. There is an early Miller version, which I have never seen containing any aventurine. Those are typically larger size, always with very attractive, gorgeous patterns. Blue ribbons on white base. NLR version is as attractive and maybe a bit easier to find. Those contain heavy blue aventurine and are magnificent marbles.

• Like 1

The first marbles which old collectors told me was a Blue Zebra was a NLR opaque bright white base with ribbons full of blue aventurine. With thick aventurine which is dark blue until it gets out near the edges of the ribbons and it is bright blue aventurine.  I had two but sold both of them a few years back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, machinemades said:

Following Chad’s post, yes,  Blue Zebras exist. There is an early Miller version, which I have never seen containing any aventurine. Those are typically larger size, always with very attractive, gorgeous patterns. Blue ribbons on white base. NLR version is as attractive and maybe a bit easier to find. Those contain heavy blue aventurine and are magnificent marbles.

Thanks Sami !!

The first pic is from AAM & the second is a regular Zebra w/ Blue av. The ribbons must be blue to qualify as a "Blue Zebra" not just black ribbons containing blue av.  I found these and scores of other pics last night but not one like the examples put forth in Sami's book.  I wish I could post them but the book is copywritten. 

LINK :https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39703&p=291718&hilit=peltier+blue+zebra#p291718

There are 160 matches so a lot of posts and a lot of reading  & pix, please don't go off just the pix, some are just posted for I.D. purposes & are not Blue Zebra's. You will find an actual "Blue Zebra:" is a much different looking bird !!

LINK https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/search.php?keywords=peltier+blue+zebra

2 minutes ago, mibcapper said:

will this work ... :character-smileys-238: ...... large ... no av. in blu ribbons. have another that has av. in ribbons. .. bill

blue zebra .. 7-8ths..jpg

There's the Blue I was lookin for, no av necessary, "Thanks Bill"   Sami stated that the larger examples usually had no av present. I have a few w/o av & actually they're harder to find that the ones w/ av, in my experience anyway !!

hi thanks Chad was not sure if i could use AAM name on here both pics are from AAM .Bills is a perfect example i got that pelt book as well but like you i know better then to show anything from books without permission here is the link to that 2nd pick where a well known collector is calling it a blue zebra that’s why i posted it 

https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9259

2nd page 

14 minutes ago, Dave 13 said:

hi thanks Chad was not sure if i could use AAM name on here both pics are from AAM .Bills is a perfect example i got that pelt book as well but like you i know better then to show anything from books without permission here is the link to that 2nd pick where a well known collector is calling it a blue zebra that’s why i posted it 

https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9259

2nd page 

Yes !!  Marbles are all perspective, I guess it's "Go with the general consensus" I try not to get to wrapped up in the name game just from a collectors point of view. I read and looked at over 3/4ths of those posts last night and seen some good examples as well as some really bad examples, I guess just get the best example you can find ?? I just go with whatever I like, don't get me wrong I like the Blue Zebra & have looked for one also. I suppose one will pop up when I least expect it !! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, schmoozer said:

So, what’s would this one be called? No av, 5/8”

F34A2408-4740-44E5-A1E4-1FAC0FF7CB69.jpeg

B61FDED3-DF93-4CB6-952C-54E7C46C6C68.jpeg

D4F765E3-9F54-4A22-AA18-FA465FC7036E.jpeg

for me .... pelt rainbo ... baseball pattern ....... common, produced in the zillions .. that's all .... if some say ... blu zebra ... ok .... bill 

• Like 1

Just now, schmoozer said:

I was thinking Bo’s had 4 stripes… thanks for the education guys👍

They vary Brad, I have some w/ 6, I think they call those 6 finger, not to be confused w/  6 finger Vitro (although the "name game" can get that way)  :wacko:

8 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

They vary Brad, I have some w/ 6, I think they call those 6 finger, not to be confused w/  6 finger Vitro (although the "name game" can get that way)  :wacko:

I was reading up on the 6-finger pelts, and the vitro cats. Still learning.

• 2 weeks later...