Pop Eye Shooters

Fire1981

It has a slight flat spot.

fy28cq.jpg

On Facebook it would probably be described as:  "Mint surfaces with a small "as-made" tool touch mark, as seen under 10x magnification"😜

This came from the factory site.  It was with an Akro machine funnel.  I got in in a free box of misc. weird dug items.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Alan said:

It has a slight flat spot.

fy28cq.jpg

On Facebook it would probably be described as:  "Mint surfaces with a small "as-made" tool touch mark, as seen under 10x magnification"😜

This came from the factory site.  It was with an Akro machine funnel.  I got in in a free box of misc. weird dug items.

Mint  ...  toolmark  ....  Facebook  ....  image.png.a578d53a95bd1aba6ebe3410e62f006d.png ....  10 x  ....  spotless  ....  image.png.1fc5e5f8b6db685c61fe026d3c903bcf.png  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

Fire, that is a good question and probably the one to answer that would be Roger Hardy, but dug marbles will be always (bigger), that is why they (tossed) them. MY (guess) on the biggest "Pop Eye" that hit the market place would be around 15/16ths and under. Most will range on the 7/8ths size give or take some. I must tell you this that (some) examples of the "Pop Eye Patch" marbles will reach close to the one inch size. A full one inch marble is pretty big for the kids to play with but they made them. For the one inch and the pee-wee 1/2 and under a lot less made it seems to me. I may want to add this also, and (anything) above and inch, per say 1-1/8th plus is very very uncommon in the early marble makers. Ron S may want to add to this also.  Chuck G---