All vitro? .60-.63

Jeremysvt

10 hours ago, Marbleneophyte said:

Opalescent base...Acme Reelers?

I like how you're thinking.  I think I see some grain also.

So, yeah, Jeremy, check for opalescence.   Then maybe Peltier Acme Realers, or maybe someone might see them as Vitro Opal.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steph said:

I like how you're thinking.  I think I see some grain also.

So, yeah, Jeremy, check for opalescence.   Then maybe Peltier Acme Realers, or maybe someone might see them as Vitro Opal.  

Thanks.  They are all opalescent. Some online searching lead me to believe Vitro Opals.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jeremysvt said:

Thanks.  They are all opalescent. Some online searching lead me to believe Vitro Opals.

:thup:

With the irregular patch shape, I'm keeping Peltier Acme Realer in play.  

Let's hear what others say though. 

• Like 1

I have seen single-color opals.  But not sure about red.  For some reason I'm remembering orange as the color for the single-colored opal I saw.   My memory for colors is truly horrible, as in something could be blue and white striped and I might remember it as solid green -- so don't put much stock in me thinking of orange for that other marble.

I objected at first to the single-color opal being called an opal, but somewhere along the way I got the idea that Chuck B. was okay with the designation and I quit worrying about it.  

51 minutes ago, Steph said:

I have seen single-color opals.  But not sure about red.  For some reason I'm remembering orange as the color for the single-colored opal I saw.   My memory for colors is truly horrible, as in something could be blue and white striped and I might remember it as solid green -- so don't put much stock in me thinking of orange for that other marble.

I objected at first to the single-color opal being called an opal, but somewhere along the way I got the idea that Chuck B. was okay with the designation and I quit worrying about it.  

B870CC68-B62B-466D-8FAF-893901FB942D.jpeg