MARBLE WORDS !!!!!

Chad G.

SUGARING:

A Players' term;  Defines the roughing up of a glass marble's smooth surface to give it texture, allowing the player to get a better grip, obtain greater control, aim and more spin or English. Also called roughing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

SUGARING:

A Players' term;  Defines the roughing up of a glass marble's smooth surface to give it texture, allowing the player to get a better grip, obtain greater control, aim and more spin or English. Also called roughing.

Oh that's horrible.......bad words are not allowed Chad.....

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Oh that's horrible.......bad words are not allowed Chad.....

giphy.gif

image.png.04f2709e452c6495c1e11dea0d312499.png  .....  Well it sounded  (sweet)  for a minute until I posted the entire definition  "Please forgive" now I know what happened to some of my  "would be"  favs

• Haha 1

FACET :
The oldest agate marbles manufactured in Germany were ground round by hand, upon inspection with a loupe and bright light while slowly rotating the mib you will see a flickering or wavering of the light reflection off the marble from the individual facets or actual flat spots over the entire 
surface indicating the agate is indeed hand ground. There are also facets on older German handmade glass marbles where the pontil was ground smooth.

• Award 2

BRICK

A marble collectors' term for the (American Cornelian Marble) manufactured by the (M.F. Christensen & Son Company) from 1905 to 1917 in Akron Ohio ;  it's hand gathered, machine-made (rounded) marble using the then rare "oxblood" color of glass.