Another Conquer

Fire1981

That's what I would have wanted.  But with the other marbles Rick was posting ... and with the mysterious "exotic conqueror" and "fancy conqueror" names floating around ... and with my awareness of about five years of Vitro patches coming between the standard conquerors and the Tiger Eyes, I feel shaky here.

Soooooo ... with the topic fresh on my mind from another thread, I googled for exotic conquerors and found this  AAM picture.  

Talk to me about this.  Any Tiger Eyes here?   

image.png

6 hours ago, Steph said:

Talk to me about this.  Any Tiger Eyes here?  

I have no idea why the upper left one would be called an Exotic - looks like a Tiger Eye to me - maybe the base glass isn't clear transparent?

It seems like there has to be more to the Exotic name than the fact that there are striations (incomplete coverage) in the white equatorial ribbons. The bottom one appears to have colored base glass - maybe that's it?

18 minutes ago, wvrons said:

I think color combination also plays a role for Exotic. 

I'm thinking about that chart Chuck B. or Mike A. made to describe all of the possible color combinations for Tiger Eyes. Does your comment mean that we shouldn't expect to see Tiger Eyes with these "Exotic" color combos?

6 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

The marble in the bottom right is of interest to me. It’s the only one with an active matrix. I don’t think it’s a veneered marble like the other ones. Or is it both ? 

It is not too uncommon for what should have been a veneer to dip into the matrix on occasion. I have seen it on quite a few marbles that are typically veneered. Think of Phantom Conquerors, for instance, I don't really think that the internal filaments rather than veneer was intentional.

The surface vs internal striping on Cosmic Rainbos also seems a bit random.

The Exotic color combinations above are known as Exotic Conquerors and probably older than Tiger Eye marbles.  Many Vitro marbles have Tiger Eye construction. The Vitro Easter Egg is tiger Eye construction. The Vitro Opals have Tiger Eye construction. It is a combination of colors and construction for the named Vitro's.  I doubt that the above Exotic color combinations are on Chuck Brandstetters Tiger eye color chart.  Karen Day also did a updated color chart for Vitro Tiger Eyes. Some that are not on Chuck's chart and could be classified as type five and type six Tiger Eyes. 

• Award 1