Thoughts....

William

2 hours ago, cheese said:

What size is it? I think it's a Vacor sunset. First pic is a group of Steph's. They can vary a LOT.

ย 

Vacor De Mexico, anyone ?? - General Marble & Glass Chat - Marble Connection

image.jpeg.0b3d203a9b43347e978cee0bb55b5c44.jpeg

Feels like I'veย been here before ...ย ย image.png.f9bdcf0c0d80af742d75836a0279b7eb.pngย ย ...ย  Good grief, I think Chuck is rightย  ....ย ย image.png.a15fc874c545b2c40c8faa524af7e7b3.png....ย My mind must be going ??

I checked out some more images and descriptions of the Vacor Sunsets and this marble is almost spot on except for one thing...the description on Liste has all Sunsets being brushed with yellow and/or orange on the surface. My marble doesn't have anything brushed on the surface.ย 

Everything you see with this marbleย  is at but beneath the surface. The surface itself is very smooth, not feeling anything but glass.ย 

Just now, William said:

I checked out some more images and descriptions of the Vacor Sunsets and this marble is almost spot on except for one thing...the description on Liste has all Sunsets being brushed with yellow and/or orange on the surface. My marble doesn't have anything brushed on the surface.ย 

Everything you see with this marbleย  is at but beneath the surface. The surface itself is very smooth, not feeling anything but glass.ย 

But man, it does look just like those Sunsets. Is what I'm saying about the marble make sense with a Sunset? Thanks for the info, Chuck, and any more additional ๐Ÿ‘

Sunset does seem to be a good possibility.

It might be one of those first generation versus second generation situations.ย  ย That is, whether the color is below the surface in a way that could pass for Master or whether it's on the surface in a way that looks blatantly foreign.ย ย 

• Like 1

Yeah the sunsets don't come around that often, at least for me. I don't know if they didn't make as many or what. I keep the ones I find, I think they are one of Vacor's better marbles. I've seen them with ribbons in the glass as well as on top. Often mistaken for Master, probably more often than not. I had a guy on the Mainly Master Made Marbles group on facebook trying to sell several like these as Masters. They had the ribbons under the surface some too. He had a whole big batch of them, all brand new looking and that odd peachy coral foreign looking glass in them. The glass on them is off for Master, you can tell something isn't right if you put one in a large group of masters.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cheese said:

Yeah the sunsets don't come around that often, at least for me. I don't know if they didn't make as many or what. I keep the ones I find, I think they are one of Vacor's better marbles. I've seen them with ribbons in the glass as well as on top. Often mistaken for Master, probably more often than not. I had a guy on the Mainly Master Made Marbles group on facebook trying to sell several like these as Masters. They had the ribbons under the surface some too. He had a whole big batch of them, all brand new looking and that odd peachy coral foreign looking glass in them. The glass on them is off for Master, you can tell something isn't right if you put one in a large group of masters.

This one as far as I know is the only one I have. Definitely a special place for it ๐Ÿ‘