Opinions

William

Not an opinion. Only thoughts.

Do you see any v-shaped or u-shaped marks indicating cutlines?

At first glance, this appears to have a chance to be a Master Cloudy.  

I don't know the size range of the Cloudy.  I don't see any sizes given in the one ad I know to check.  But all the other styles on that ad went up to size 2 at least.  So maybe Cloudy did also.  

Does it have a fisheye?  That would be a good size for an Akro Flintie.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Steph said:

Not an opinion. Only thoughts.

Do you see any v-shaped or u-shaped marks indicating cutlines?

At first glance, this appears to have a chance to be a Master Cloudy.  

I don't know the size range of the Cloudy.  I don't see any sizes given in the one ad I know to check.  But all the other styles on that ad went up to size 2 at least.  So maybe Cloudy did also.  

Does it have a fisheye?  That would be a good size for an Akro Flintie.  

I think I see what might appear to be a line of some sort? Also what appears to be somewhat of a "darkened" window? It's hard  to see in the pictures, it's only on one side.  Also notice those pale white lines? Taken in artificial light this time.

16568724376744302975769946346260.jpg

1656872540112925740105187954127.jpg

16568726022872508504339151692140.jpg

16568727401073674736248672347493.jpg

16568728054447265673341519699294.jpg

I am seeing one longish, slightly curved seam. 

Also, now I'm wondering how opaque it is. The new pictures look more opaque than the first pictures were making me think of.   

Those two things are moving me away from my thoughts of it being Master. 

The texture of the glass and the large size could still be clues to the right person.    If I recall correctly, Vitro had boxed sets of large game marbles.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steph said:

I am seeing one longish, slightly curved seam. 

Also, now I'm wondering how opaque it is. The new pictures look more opaque than the first pictures were making me think of.   

Those two things are moving me away from my thoughts of it being Master. 

The texture of the glass and the large size could still be clues to the right person.    If I recall correctly, Vitro had boxed sets of large game marbles.  

In a few spots you can see into it, but only just barely. I was also thinking a game marble at first until I saw all this stuff going on with surface, plus it's size had me wondering. 

It wouldn't suprise me at all if you hit the nail on the head with the Vitro mention 👍

If it is an Akro Flintie, it will glow on the end of a penlight and you may get a fisheye effect somewhere through the glass as you turn it around on top of the light (not UV, just the red-dish color, Flinties are opalescent). Akro made ¾ inch Flinties so .70 is not out of the question. 

The big Vitro gamers in that Art Deco box are over .85 or 7/8”. It does resemble them. The ones that I have will glow around the outer edges, and even through the middle on some. They are not as opaque as they look in hand either, no fisheye with these however, no opalescence.

I am betting that it is a Flintie, backlight it with a small intense light—smaller than the marble and spin it around. Or cut a hole in a piece of cardboard and backlight it with what you have laying around for intense light.

Marble—On!!

• Like 1