IS THIS ID ACCURATE? I'm told this is a Contemporary Handmade Green Swirl with Aventurine .75"

JOHNINPA

I'm no expert so I asked for help in IDing this marble.  Is this really a Handmade Green Swirl Marble with Aventurine?  The Pontil may have been ground down.  On the last photo it's as if you can almost see into the marble but not really.

Thank you for your help!

IMG_7739.JPG

IMG_7740.JPG

IMG_7743.JPG

IMG_7744.JPG

10 hours ago, chicagocyclist said:

Saying "with a torch" is another way of saying "handmade", at least that's how I'm interpreting it. Correct?

No.  "Handmade" infers a cane-cut marble in the vintage style.

This is how a handmade marble is made:

XV1iGj.jpg

A marble made on a torch is a torch marble.  The one pictured is a modern torch marble.

28 minutes ago, Alan said:

No.  "Handmade" infers a cane-cut marble in the vintage style.

This is how a handmade marble is made:

XV1iGj.jpg

A marble made on a torch is a torch marble.  The one pictured is a modern torch marble.

Thanks!  In that shot you provide, it looks like a long tube of glass at they are pinching off sections and turn them into marbles. I did more research cuz I realize there's more to this and see that there are people that pile up glass, add colors, essentially creating one at a time, etc. and round it.  Yet another way, it appears.  I do see the difference between torch and traditional handmade using cane-cut. Thank you!

20220816_212150.png

Just a few vids to watch, I seen the Reticello vid some time ago & was amazed, I really enjoyed watching both of these, hope you do also.

RETICELLO MARBLES

Anybody up for a little confusion ?? These are also torch made but w/ a completely different twist.

Another twist on some modern torchmade, I know for myself I get caught up watching one vid after another & end up w/ a sore neck  !!

These are great! Somewhere around is a video by Mark Matthews making a contemporary cane-cut marble you might want to look for and post - I would but there are things I don`t know how to do yet on this new @#%&# oversensitive laptop.

• Haha 1

I’m going to bring Scott Patrick into this thread. This one of his torch made marbles. It’s pretty crazy watching people make torch marbles. Ya gotta be pretty good to do a Pelt Blow Hole. Check it out in the first pic. 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

EAACFF75-7078-4382-BCAB-B144E308AB67.jpeg

92E8D6D6-6306-4555-A5D9-A7E0F1C954BF.jpeg

8EAE1EAF-2397-447B-B8B4-340D6796ED80.jpeg