Sparklers have oxblood ?

Mojo

Yep, that’s the one.
The darkest red streak may or may not be oxblood. I have never seen a euro sparkler with oxblood in hand. I can only imagine that it still has to meet certain oxblood standards.
More opinions/observations are needed with this one.
Marble—On!!

Agree, most ox is on the surface but there are exceptions to every rule, I don't have any but have seen Akro sparklers w/ internal ox. I agree we/ Art, Joeps mib looks like an in hand decision to be sure, though 99% of the OP doesn't look like oxblood IMO

Akro Silver Oxblood w/ diving oxblood

image.png.beb2f9ae7d96ea86ee38b83ea28c5527.pngimage.png.54f61df1a4efc61ce9e0165ba74a792e.png

Jabo w/ diving oxblood

image.png.7c6b3a187b4cf412b599c25c0ce83b6c.png

• Like 1
  • Award 1

Oxblood

20 minutes ago, chicagocyclist said:

Doesn't oxblood lay on the surface of the marble, maybe dives in a little bit.

Surface oxblood is definitely most common but oxblood can be found completely submerged in base glass too.

Come to think of it. I seem to recall that a percentage of Oxblood that they put into a furnace can end up not visible on the marble but inside the marble.  Those being on opaque base, you wouldn't see it.  This is a clear marble, so yes, I can see how easy it would be to have oxblood inside a marble and be visible.

1 hour ago, Chad G. said:

Agree, most ox is on the surface but there are exceptions to every rule, I don't have any but have seen Akro sparklers w/ internal ox. I agree we/ Art, Joeps mib looks like an in hand decision to be sure, though 99% of the OP doesn't look like oxblood IMO

image.png.beb2f9ae7d96ea86ee38b83ea28c5527.pngimage.png.54f61df1a4efc61ce9e0165ba74a792e.png

Jabo w/ diving oxblood

That last one's a doozy!!!!

11 hours ago, wvrons said:

Oxblood can be inside any marble.  Many Jabos have oxblood in the center, or twisted throughout the marble.  Oxblood is only or always on the surface is another wrong old myth.   

Let me ask this.  Since it is easier to ID oxblood when it's on surface because it tends to float and often has those obvious striations, how can you tell if it's oxblood when it's inside a marble?  It seems to behave differently and have different color.

3 minutes ago, chicagocyclist said:

Let me ask this.  Since it is easier to ID oxblood when it's on surface because it tends to float and often has those obvious striations, how can you tell if it's oxblood when it's inside a marble?  It seems to behave differently and have different color.

I wouldn't expect oxblood glass to look too much different regardless of whether it's on the surface or inside of base glass. The look of it can vary a bit in either case and once you have seen some good examples in hand, just like surface oxblood, you won't forget it.

• Like 1

I have six or eight excellent examples of oxblood which I bought right away when I started collecting.  I even have a questionable marble with questionable ox, which is not, right there with them so it is quick to tell the difference. I review them regularly when I look at oxblood, so yes agreed.  Euro sparklers with oxblood on the interior is a whole new topic for me here but I have plenty of knowledge that I can apply plus add what is here.  A nice adventure!  even without aventurine..  😆  Thanks!!

17 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Jabo w/ diving oxblood

Nice 3rd one!!!!

• Like 1