And what's the story with this Akro?

rockgardenplants

It might be one from the infamous "French Drain" dig. It does appear to be a dug marble, maybe this is what you're looking for. I know nearly all the Akro Supermen and Indian Blankets along w/ several strange looking oxbloods were dug @ this site. Not having dug there all I have is word of mouth and a few articles on the subject, I do have one translucent olive based oxblood patch from the dig, some Supermen and an Indian blanket or two but that's it. Somebody w/ a little more insight on this matter than me will chime in, just providing you the info I have "good Luck"    :)    

image.thumb.png.90988c6c065590662436cbc2a3420a2f.png

3 hours ago, Chad G. said:

It might be one from the infamous "French Drain" dig. It does appear to be a dug marble, maybe this is what you're looking for. I know nearly all the Akro Supermen and Indian Blankets along w/ several strange looking oxbloods were dug @ this site. Not having dug there all I have is word of mouth and a few articles on the subject, I do have one translucent olive based oxblood patch from the dig, some Supermen and an Indian blanket or two but that's it. Somebody w/ a little more insight on this matter than me will chime in, just providing you the info I have "good Luck"    :)    

image.thumb.png.90988c6c065590662436cbc2a3420a2f.png

Respectfully, I know ~95% of what came out of the French Drain (only one digger, "W", found and collected the vast majority of it) and that didn't come from the French Drain.  The French Drain material has a certain consistency to it.

I know you said the color wasn't right - but that doesn't look like Akro glass.  The pattern doesn't either.

There were several marbles dug over 4-5 acres at Akro for over twenty years. Some under concrete, Some under blacktop, some in drain pipes, ln buried trash,etc. Same as with many different sites. No way to get a accurate id for most marbles without true colors and size. If a id is what you want?