Blue and white swirl with silver

Melissa

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

When you do, please buy one that will read in fractional inches - decimals are a downer for marbles IMO.

mm ARE WORSE.

Amazon sells many-cheaper than Marbles--get one along with some good pen-lights and a UV light as well.

Marble--On!!

17 hours ago, Carowill said:

Champion did make quite a few blue swirls with metallic.  I’m not sure if Alley or Champion.

That too was my thought but not opaque. However, I picked up a little box of 12 many years ago at Amana show. So, long ago I forgot; 11 are same as yours, translucent and 1 is opaque, same as OP's. 

You're right, it's a Champ Metallic. Like the 1 I have, not very easy to see the metal as it is on the translucent too. Or, I mean, with only 1 opaque, can't say that for all, only that the translucent verity I have, has more swirling and more metal. 

2 minutes ago, akroorka said:

It look like it is zeroed out from here.

You might freak a few out using a metal calipers though.

1/128" is kinda of a weird measurement ---for me anyhow--get a different calipers---this one looks metric.

Marble--On!!

I have no idea what to even look for them. I thought they were all the same. Lol

Just now, akroorka said:

Chad gave a good link--just follow it up. Inches work here MM do not, marble folks do not like conversion tables.

Marble--On!!

Dang. I was going to go to harbor freight but went to ace instead. Seriously thought they were all the same. I’ll stop by harbor freight hopefully this week yet. 

I just ordered this one off amazon today for $9. It was delivered within a few hours. It's digital, has plastic "teeth", reads out in inches or mm. It comes with a free plastic case and two extra batteries. Very simple to operate. I know some don't like the inches in digital form but it's a very easy math conversion to sixteenths of an inch!61Fzvluon6S._SL1442_.thumb.jpg.6b5babdbf0874fca4b0d87f0aaf5b822.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08ZNQRB39/

45 minutes ago, Melissa said:

Anyone know why marbleheads don’t use millimeters?  Seems the easier form of measurement.  I collect trade beads and they are all measured in millimeters by collectors. 

It's an Old school thing Melissa. USA has been trying to make the transition too metrics for about a half century. Ain't a chance in H. U gonna get a bunch of Marblers to change. 'H no we won't go!' 🥴

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Marble manufacturers used fractions of an inch or the "ought" system. So it's what we use. Pretty much everything was measured in fractions of an inch here until 50 years ago or so. Now people are getting used to millimeters but many older collectors are not. I can visualize and cross either in my mind, so I don't mind but I prefer fractions. I think your new one you ordered is going to do decimals instead of fractions, so you will still lose a lot of people. 

• Like 1