Green/Purple .61

Jzoook6

20 minutes ago, Ric said:

That is a cool looking marble. My first thought is that it looks a lot like a whacky Vitro Conquerror. Is there a seam other than the one in the last pic you could show me?

Thank you I think so too! Here are some seam shots, sorry about the backgrounds. 

IMG_C16B65543620-1.jpeg

IMG_8EC538E2EA61-1.jpeg

IMG_A4EF8CD809BB-1.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

They can get really cool looking, without doubt . . .

https://marbleconnection.com/uploads/monthly_2022_05/Ric708.jpg.f580aa4472ec09cafc08300bd88dfd48.jpg

Those are beautiful!!! Is that a translucent purple? If they are Vitro, I have a purple patch on white that looks like it could be the same. I thought my purple looks more like this heaton purple or champion or Alley--more opaque. I still don't have a great feel yet for how wide the range can be amongst one type of marble. From the internets:

image.png

4 minutes ago, Jzoook6 said:

Those are beautiful!!! Is that a translucent purple? If they are Vitro, I have a purple patch on white that looks like it could be the same.

They are Vitro - 100%, and that sort of purple/lavender/pink color is not so uncommon on Vitros.

• Like 1

Just now, Jzoook6 said:

So conquerors don't have to have a clear base? 

There are Conqueror variants on colored transparent glass - they might be called Fancy or Exotic Conquerors, I forget which.

• Like 1

Just now, Jzoook6 said:

Now that u mention it, I have a vitro conqueror with a random purple stripe too. Thank you, Ric!!! Even tho I need another Vitro Conqueror like I need another hole in my head.

Some are definitely keepers!

https://marbleconnection.com/uploads/monthly_2022_05/Ric709.jpg.ff04a646822bd0852c17d0df67fd11ff.jpg

• Wow 1

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Some are definitely keepers!

https://marbleconnection.com/uploads/monthly_2022_05/Ric709.jpg.ff04a646822bd0852c17d0df67fd11ff.jpg

Woah!!! chocolatey!!!! Would not have guessed those were vitro ever but now I can totally see how my green one fits in with that purple, thanks for sharing.

8 minutes ago, Jzoook6 said:

I think the white circled ones are Exotic?

I don't think i have ever heard a satisfactory explanation as to the difference between Exotic and Fancy Conquerors so I sorta gave up on those names. I just know a good one when I see it. 🙂

https://marbleconnection.com/uploads/monthly_2021_03/Ric458.jpg.03817932f9c1321eab4748e47525d611.jpg

• Like 1

The ones you have circled are not Exotic Conquerors.  The purple Heaton has no green. It has no cut lines, it has a dark purple base. You original marble is a Vitro Conqueror. I don't think it will fit the fancy, exotic or phantom conqueror groups. Exotics can have patches of either yellow, green, or red, and always have white ribbons or threads and usually some thin brown ribbons, all on a clear base. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric said:

I don't think i have ever heard a satisfactory explanation as to the difference between Exotic and Fancy Conquerors so I sorta gave up on those names. I just know a good one when I see it. 🙂

https://marbleconnection.com/uploads/monthly_2021_03/Ric458.jpg.03817932f9c1321eab4748e47525d611.jpg

Oooo I really love the red and black striped one bottom left and the red pink and white striped in the middle towards the top--those are all cool though. Do you have any yellow ones? I only have like 2. I wondered if some color patches are harder to find than others (like the ubiquitous red and blue ones) 

At on

Just now, Jzoook6 said:

Oooo I really love the red and black striped one bottom left and the red pink and white striped in the middle towards the top--those are all cool though. Do you have any yellow ones? I only have like 2. I wondered if some color patches are harder to find than others (like the ubiquitous red and blue ones) 

At one point, I had a a few thousand Conquerors, I picked through them and pulled out good examples of the different colored patches and fancy (in the normal sense of the word) ones. I don't think I ever really tried to figure out what were the most common or rare colors. Someday, I'll have to find them and take a pic. 🙂

• Like 1

Several that Ric has above will fit into the Fancy Conqueror group. The best Vitro guide and best Vitro pictures are on All About marbles In the ID section near the top under Vitro Agate Identification Guide. The guide shows and explains four different types or groups of Vitro Conquerors. Plus many pages of other detailed pictures and info on named Vitro marbles.  

Conqueror =  25 cents

Phantom Conqueror=  50 cents-$1.00

Fancy Conqueror = $1.00-$5.00

Exotic Conqueror = $10.00-$20.00

Neon Conqueror= $150.00- $250.00 

Original Vitro double header(top &bottom)Cellophane bag with five Neon Conquerors = $1000.00 -$2000.00 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

At on

At one point, I had a a few thousand Conquerors, I picked through them and pulled out good examples of the different colored patches and fancy (in the normal sense of the word) ones. I don't think I ever really tried to figure out what were the most common or rare colors. Someday, I'll have to find them and take a pic. 🙂

a few thousand! wow! probably more than all the marbles I have combined haha. Thank you for your help/sharing your gems! 

Vitro agate guide : Same, Same, whichever downloads quicker for you they're both the same guide and pictures.

LINK ::  https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/mibzandmore/vitro-agate-id-guide-t35.html

LINK ::  https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3490&p=278203&hilit=Vitro+ID+guide+by+Kevin+Roberts#p278203

• Like 1
  • Award 1

26 minutes ago, wvrons said:

Conqueror =  25 cents

Original Vitro double header(top &bottom)Cellophane bag with five Neon Conquerors = $1000.00 -$2000.00 

Thanks for the pricing info, Ron. I had no idea Neons were going for that much money. I'll have to find mine and bring them in from the garage. 😉

31 minutes ago, wvrons said:

Several that Ric has above will fit into the Fancy Conqueror group. The best Vitro guide and best Vitro pictures are on All About marbles In the ID section near the top under Vitro Agate Identification Guide. The guide shows and explains four different types or groups of Vitro Conquerors. Plus many pages of other detailed pictures and info on named Vitro marbles.  

Conqueror =  25 cents

Thanks for the pricing info...not trying to sell any, just trying to figure out what they are :)