tremendous and mind-boggling yellow swirl .66

Jeremysvt

No.  I have never seen any Champion or Champion furnace marble anything like this. There were not that many different opaque furnace marbles and they are more on the plain side of furnace marbles.   

Looks like Alley Calligraphy pattern to me.  Such a shame it has the huge bubble blow out.  

A few Calligraphy marbles below of different color combinations.  Look at your next to the last picture and look below. Some of the ones below have more striping color showing than yours. But the ones below are better more swirls or striping color than many have. Look at the broken up, chopped up pattern, diving in and out. Everything twisted with the marble.  Hooks and partial hooks, sharp tips, color in, out, under, over, small separate pieces of color.  

DSC00849.JPG.37df3eaed2eb9ba204b3ffbf2ce229a4.JPGDSC03153.JPG.e5f1a4a9aafcd487dcce3339702ece73.JPGDSC03166.JPG.b2fc02da1c949fa03a77ffc362e823b6.JPGDSC00991.JPG.40e733afb0eea44d2e0ffdd0cc936e8a.JPGDSC03168.JPG.34f72a164d4320186c6de980b8848e17.JPGDSC03330.JPG.2275ab7d955a273b56ce289b723133b9.JPGDSC03266.JPG.10eb9bf38d623c5b3fb4eee2a1ba5648.JPGDSC03437.JPG.7cf7a972e745fc5b53076eaccf999d98.JPGDSC03340.JPG.551f93503ffacc7f68c5ed857c541ea9.JPGDSC07601.JPG.a274abb941155f59044094e43134bedb.JPG

Without the blow out creator this marble would be $250.00 or more, if mint 9.0 to 9.6 or 9.8 condition. Especially with the yellow base.  There are a lot of Alley Calligraphy color combinations marbles that are not in the salesman sample case.  The black background helped brighten this marble in the picture. This marble with the big blow out even that it is a as made problem. I would not pay $20.00 or even $10.00 for it.  But I have chased Alleys in person and the internet coast to coast for 25 years.  Do not list it for sale at $10,000 or $500.00.  I have tried for four years to buy a certain Calligraphy from one seller at a show. Four years ago I offered $200.00. Three years ago I offered $250.00. Two years ago I offered $300.00. The seller has now been offered more and still has it. But maybe I will see it again at Canton OH in two weeks ? It is a different color combination than I have seen yet. Sad to see that big blow out which is not normal for Alley marbles but they happen. Happens on some marbles from all machine made companies, that produced good numbers for years.  I have never seen any blow out on any furnace marbles. Possible but with the coefficient problems with the furnace marbles and fractures. A blow out would probably make a Champion furnace scraping marble fall apart. 

38 minutes ago, wvrons said:

Without the blow out creator this marble would be $250.00 or more, if mint 9.0 to 9.6 or 9.8 condition. Especially with the yellow base.  There are a lot of Alley Calligraphy color combinations marbles that are not in the salesman sample case.  The black background helped brighten this marble in the picture. This marble with the big blow out even that it is a as made problem. I would not pay $20.00 or even $10.00 for it.  But I have chased Alleys in person and the internet coast to coast for 25 years.  Do not list it for sale at $10,000 or $500.00.  I have tried for four years to buy a certain Calligraphy from one seller at a show. Four years ago I offered $200.00. Three years ago I offered $250.00. Two years ago I offered $300.00. The seller has now been offered more and still has it. But maybe I will see it again at Canton OH in two weeks ? It is a different color combination than I have seen yet. Sad to see that big blow out which is not normal for Alley marbles but they happen. Happens on some marbles from all machine made companies, that produced good numbers for years.  I have never seen any blow out on any furnace marbles. Possible but with the coefficient problems with the furnace marbles and fractures. A blow out would probably make a Champion furnace scraping marble fall apart. 

Wow!  Thanks!  Awesome pics!  Awsome info.  Alley was my inclination but seemed to have a lot of Chapion support.  Those marbles are amazing!

56 minutes ago, wvrons said:

Without the blow out

I agree with Ron 100%--except for the price--I would take a stab at $35.00 just because I am a bottom feeder and you can only show one side😁.

I will admit that at first I thought that it may be either a CAC or a very wild Vacor.

The blowout made me think CAC--pretty common with CAC--the colors made me think--is that just a wild Vacor?

It is an Alley IMHO.

Marble--On!!

On 1/27/2023 at 3:06 PM, wvrons said:

Hi Ron,

If you would like this marble please message me your address and I will send it to you as I appreciate  all your help and knowledge!

Jeremy

That is a nice offer and I appreciate it VERY much.   But it would make someone else happy. If that blow out was not there, I would be after buying it form you. But the blow out hurt it bad for me.

This doesn't happen often. 

THANK YOU ! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wvrons said:

That is a nice offer and I appreciate it VERY much.   But it would make someone else happy. If that blow out was not there, I would be after buying it form you. But the blow out hurt it bad for me.

This doesn't happen often. 

THANK YOU ! 

Ok! right on.  If it was mint i would keep it but wanted to offer a gift to you first before selling!

J