Agate like shooter

Melissa

Just now, Fire1981 said:

I haven’t seen a faceted bead before. If you can snag that one do it. Doesn’t matter if it’s a bead or not🔥

I already have it in hand. Came in a $16 lot of akros and masters. I don’t think it’s a bead because the hole doesn’t go all the way through. But maybe someone tried to make a bead?

3768D56A-4FC3-481B-828D-0DBC94AB7BB4.jpeg

• Wow 1

2 hours ago, Melissa said:

I already have it in hand. Came in a $16 lot of akros and masters. I don’t think it’s a bead because the hole doesn’t go all the way through. But maybe someone tried to make a bead?

3768D56A-4FC3-481B-828D-0DBC94AB7BB4.jpeg

Score💥💥💥

• Thanks 1

Those “marks” at five o’clock don’t look like facets but imperfections in the material. You need to examine it with a loupe to see the facets if there are any. They proceeded glass by about 100 years, beginning around mid 1700s and marbles mid 1800s. Effectively stopped around WWI about the time glass was picking up. This one is a very nice banded agate with more than usual banding. Don’t know about the hole but have seen them drilled to hang from a necklace. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jhomer2172 said:

Those “marks” at five o’clock don’t look like facets but imperfections in the material. You need to examine it with a loupe to see the facets if there are any. They proceeded glass by about 100 years, beginning around mid 1700s and marbles mid 1800s. Effectively stopped around WWI about the time glass was picking up. This one is a very nice banded agate with more than usual banding. Don’t know about the hole but have seen them drilled to hang from a necklace. 

Correct. They appear to be tiny fractures I think. 

17 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

Hole or not it looks like a great agate. The Pelt at 6:00 is what catches my eye. I hope you can post that one. Right now I don’t think it’s a common color combo 🔥

Great minds think alike:clap2:.

I would love to see some better images of this one Melissa. 
It has me fired up for some reason.
Marble--On!!

qq.jpg

2 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Great minds think alike:clap2:.

I would love to see some better images of this one Melissa. 
It has me fired up for some reason.
Marble--On!!

qq.jpg

I posted that one into the ID forum yesterday. I will tag you.  I thought Peltier but Ric says maybe Master.  :)