What do you think?

boris64

5 minutes ago, wvrons said:

You may think I am nuts. But I think it might be a messed up Akro cork that did not spin correct. I think there are corkscrews with this base and color combo. 

Ha, I wanted to say the same thing but thought people would think I was nuts and chickened out. lol

OK I must not be senile just yet. I also think I saw eyelash cut marks in the third pic. So four maybe five traits or things that took me to Akro. The color combo, the base glows, the eyelash marks, older quality glass, almost cork twist. No certain order.  

• Like 1

I have some pretty wobblily corks that are unexpected and can hardly follow the spiral from the spinning cup and for me, the first photo says: it aint an Akro. That orange and white is lapping on top as most any swirl do. Personally, I've ever seen this combination on a cork, yet that does not mean it can't happen.

I also have some dug-up Akros that are not corks at all and obviously not just irregular but, intentional swirls like most any. They are not like the OP's at all. In fact, if ya didn't know were dug-ups you'd, probably never think Akro. 

I'd never be convinced it's an Akro, unless there's a cork that matches the colors.