3 weirdos

Melissa

An Akro error and a JABO is what I see for the first two.  I can't decide on the third - it might be helpful to see where that long tail in the second pic attaches to the rest of the red - my first thought is another weird Akro but it could be something else too. You nailed it with "weirdo" though.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

An Akro error and a JABO is what I see for the first two.  I can't decide on the third - it might be helpful to see where that long tail in the second pic attaches to the rest of the red - my first thought is another weird Akro but it could be something else too. You nailed it with "weirdo" though.

Here is more of that one. 

597C23AF-219A-462E-AD04-ED6A64869373.jpeg

1529A95D-1EBB-44E4-9AC5-C37202183EE7.jpeg

5D95B29C-19A6-4D71-80BA-E2F96EA687F2.jpeg

6B83BC0A-4F2D-4BCE-A58A-2FF1C722291E.jpeg

1CAAD9B0-AECF-46A8-8FAE-417DA1E4A91B.jpeg

42 minutes ago, wvrons said:

Mushroom

Thanks Ron now clue me in--this is a new term to me--Thanks in advance

42 minutes ago, wvrons said:

the third one is CAC. 

I agree, that was my first thought as well--until I looked realy hard like I know that you do---I am on the fence--it hurts too.

Marble--On!!

I didn't know mushrooms could have transparent patches and I am not really seeing the "mushroom" structure at either seam where the ribbon meets the patch but . . . ? I thought about CAC on the third one too but, like Art, moved on because that long tail (particularly the end of it)  seems odd for CAC, at least to me.

1 minute ago, Melissa said:

Is a "mushroom" akro?  Thank you!!! :) 

No, not Akro, and they were more common in Canada than here, AFAIK. Which is not to say they were made in Canada but I don't know about that.

• Thanks 1

Here is an old pic I had saved. It was from a fellow named Roger who used to frequent here. He had a nice website that explained pontils, transitionals and other marble arcana.

1655539418_MushroomPatches.jpg.46825971f1c748ae70c287344c559234.jpg

I hadn't looked at this in many years and, as usual, it seems Ron may be on to something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have had and seen as many colored transparent mushrooms as opaque. Nola over two years bought all of mine.  The last one with the tail. The tail was what convinced me of CAC. The no bleed edges of the red and the well rounded end of the tail. It was suppose to swirl but it just did not spin correct in the roll groove. In the last group shot of three, you can see the very straight cut. 

No one has ever proved who made the mushroom style marbles, or when.  

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, wvrons said:

I have had and seen as many colored transparent mushrooms as opaque. Nola over two years bought all of mine.  The last one with the tail. The tail was what convinced me of CAC. The no bleed edges of the red and the well rounded end of the tail. It was suppose to swirl but it just did not spin correct in the roll groove. In the last group shot of three, you can see the very straight cut. 

No one has ever proved who made the mushroom style marbles, or when.  

I see the cut line now. Thanks for straightening me out!

6 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

Don’t forget these “Canadian Pelts” I got from a Canadian Seller. Just because a mouse lives in a cookie jar doesn’t mean it’s a cookie🔥

The ones some folks call "Figure Eights"?