Any help on these 2 would be great!

boris64

1 minute ago, Nantucketdink said:

I haven’t seen a red/yellow opaque white Veiligglas before.  Just sharing that insight.  I think it is likely not Veiligglas.

I haven't either, but I have seen identical colors in clear, and I don't think it's CAC or Alley so suggested Veiligglas after a process of elimination.

What do you think it is?

31 minutes ago, cheese said:

Alley 2x is my vote. Looks like transparent red and orange on white on my screen.

Cool Chuck, can you show me an Alley example - not sure I've seen that red and yellow motif.

4 minutes ago, Nantucketdink said:

I don’t think I have a marble like it in my collection.  I suppose some of the Champion NOF may be the closest I have, but I don’t think that’s what it is

You just warded off my next question . . .

2 minutes ago, Nantucketdink said:

On my phone it looks like dark red that is brighter where it is thin with golden yellow.  Now I wanna go look on my puter 

That dark in the red is part of what made me think Veiligglas . . .

Wow..... That marble is white base transparent red and yrllow....pretty sure its CAC. I seen that same marble on ebay awhile back. Not saying ebay should be used in ID because most on there are not id correctly. If you go on utube to Steven Barr video on CACs , at 0.43 and 10.08 minutes he has one on his display.  He is pretty good at ids. And Ron. Man I miss that guy. 

• Award 1

On 7/18/2023 at 2:48 PM, Ric said:

Cool Chuck, can you show me an Alley example - not sure I've seen that red and yellow motif.

You just warded off my next question . . .

That dark in the red is part of what made me think Veiligglas . . .

I think I have one similar but it's in marble gen-pop, not in a box or tray. I'd have to do some looking to find it. Possibly in dug Pennsboros. I don't have a photo of it on file for sure. And who knows how exact of a match it is, I'm just going by an old memory, and the memory of what a marble looks like can often be a bit different than what it actually looks like. Maybe next time I get a free moment to mess with my collection, I'll see if I can find it. I seem to recall the reddish part being deep trans red with a purplish look and the other ribbon being transparent orange. Could be wrong.

1 hour ago, cheese said:

I think I have one similar but it's in marble gen-pop, not in a box or tray. I'd have to do some looking to find it. Possibly in dug Pennsboros. I don't have a photo of it on file for sure. And who knows how exact of a match it is, I'm just going by an old memory, and the memory of what a marble looks like can often be a bit different than what it actually looks like. Maybe next time I get a free moment to mess with my collection, I'll see if I can find it. I seem to recall the reddish part being deep trans red with a purplish look and the other ribbon being transparent orange. Could be wrong.

No problem at all, Chuck. I wasn't trying to put you on the spot or anything, I just don't recall seeing an Alley quite like this one, and you know me, I'm always looking for Alleys I don't have. If this is one of them, I need to start looking for one!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nantucketdink said:

Jeff-There’s clearly no red on that marble.  I have several with yellow and the brown/purple color.  Just saying.

I prob should have said: My screen is not showing red in the OP's marble rather, it's a purple looking color, that's same as the one in the Germany ebay auction. And, it's a much darker purple than the norm usually with green. 

On 7/18/2023 at 7:59 AM, Ric said:

I haven't either, but I have seen identical colors in clear, and I don't think it's CAC or Alley so suggested Veiligglas after a process of elimination.

What do you think it is?

9C7989E4-CA32-4F22-AC9A-347111D60A68.thumb.png.d6142d043b9f492eebb3a9e189aea730.pngJust acknowledging the transparent Veiligglas in these colors that Ric mentioned (I don’t think it is Veiligglas I just like threads with pics)

• Like 1