2 Truths & a Lie

AvvaRae

5 hours ago, schmoozer said:

. . . Grandfathers was a bolt-on briggs&Stratton, with a friction wheel that was lowered into the front wheel . . .

There were a number of "conversion kits" that were available back in the day, and some people even built their own. It sounds to me like that is what your Grandfather had.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ric said:

There were a number of "conversion kits" that were available back in the day, and some people even built their own. It sounds to me like that is what your Grandfather had.

I wish I had been able to keep it, along with his Ranchero…😢. I do have the custom tags from his last car. <LRD>
Leland Russel Doty.  He was my grandmothers 4th husband, married in the 40’s. A Seebee who became a civil engineer for the state of New Mexico. I also have his PE stamp. He taught me to drive in the Ranchero, in Deming NM.

8 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

My Grand Papa had a pet crow named Joe. He painted his wings white hoping no one shot him

I had a donkey with a club foot. He had trouble turning to his left. 

I had a buck toothed rabbit name Thumper because he did the leg thumper thing with his back feet.🔥

RAR

How do you do it?! 

The club foot one HAS to be true. 

I'll say the lie is the white winged crow.  

I use to think chicken fried steak was a chicken steak.

A person I went to College with said they saw me on the news fighting fire in Utah. I told them I fought fire in Nevada. They called me dumb a$$ and told me Utah is in Nevada.

I always thought the African Zebra was a black horse with white strips🔥

RAR

20 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

I use to think chicken fried steak was a chicken steak.

A person I went to College with said they saw me on the news fighting fire in Utah. I told them I fought fire in Nevada. They called me dumb a$$ and told me Utah is in Nevada.

I always thought the African Zebra was a black horse with white strips🔥

RAR

The story about the college guy sounds true. 

My grandfather's middle name was the numeral 7. 

I hung out after work with a boy for months before we learned we were second cousins.   He was embarrassed because he had almost asked me out on a date. 

Eli and Peyton Manning are also my cousins.