VETERANS DAY

Chad G.

Sincere thanks to all who have or are serving!

When my son Jake (RIP) was about 4 or 5 years old he decided that he wanted to call his grandparents, aunts and uncles who served every Veterans Day to thank them. He was 25 years old when he made his last Veterans Day calls and he never missed a single year. After he passed, they all called us on Veterans Day to say how much the calls had meant to them and how much much they missed hearing from him.

Small gestures really can mean a lot.

256475423_Eda-DavidSalazar.jpg.9e8315c7e

Edna's (@sissydear) marble by David Salazar - one of my favorites.

• Like 1
  • Award 1
  • Care 2

As a veteran, I would like to quote an email that I received from an outdoors equipment supplier - Mystery Ranch.  I believe that they put Veteran's Day in good perspective:

It's easy to thank someone when they are in uniform. Someday, that uniform comes off and is retired, and the external markers of service vanish. However, our Veterans continue to bear the weight of their sacrifices throughout their lives, confronting the lasting repercussions of their service.

For those who made the ultimate sacrifice and those who are currently sacrificing for the safety and freedoms we enjoy today, we offer our heartfelt gratitude.

lnoQst.jpg

• Like 1