ICE & SNOW ??

Chad G.

Just curious how many of you have had temps below frost (freezing 25 deg. F or below)or any measurable snow yet ?? If you have do you have any pix. It's like late Sept. early Oct. here    :)  It froze here in early Oct. then back to very early fall weather !!

• Like 1

Yeah, we had snow in October and then we went back to warmish weather.  Was in the 60's a week ago. 

But I did see some frosty ground one morning this past week and tomorrow night it's supposed to be 20 degrees.  

Gonna play tennis tomorrow at noon.  Temp prediction is 38.  

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

11 hours ago, Carowill said:

Currently 5-6” of snow since 5pm today and still coming down with current temperature of 11  and falling (northern Colorado).

I googled Livermore Colorado & it says the average elevation is almost 5,900 feet, it would take some getting used tom for me. I thought I used to live in the mountains @ 1,200 ft.   :blink:   Guess they were just hills !!

image.png.23c770c5641c6989692bb072cfe75046.png

14 hours ago, Chad G. said:

I googled Livermore Colorado & it says the average elevation is almost 5,900 feet, it would take some getting used tom for me. I thought I used to live in the mountains @ 1,200 ft.   :blink:   Guess they were just hills !!

image.png.23c770c5641c6989692bb072cfe75046.png

I’m 17 miles northeast of Livermore at 7500 feet.  We have at least a foot of snow on the ground and 2-3 foot drifts.  Currently 3 degrees and nightfall is coming with zero degrees expected overnight.  It won’t get above freezing until Tuesday afternoon.  Needless to say, I didn’t go anywhere today.  Thankfully I have a 54 hp tractor to help out, but still drifting in.

• Wow 1

Just now, Carowill said:

I’m 17 miles northeast of Livermore at 7500 feet.  We have at least a foot of snow on the ground and 2-3 foot drifts.  Currently 3 degrees and nightfall is coming with zero degrees expected overnight.  It won’t get above freezing until Tuesday afternoon.  Needless to say, I didn’t go anywhere today.  Thankfully I have a 54 hp tractor to help out, but still drifting in.

Our view includes 12-14’ers above Rocky Mountain National Park and Estes Park about 40-50 miles south.

• Wow 1

5 minutes ago, Carowill said:

Photo of my view from May 17th of this year.  Just add snow to the landscape.

IMG_0853.thumb.jpeg.76e644dd6dd96782e0939bc6b00262ee.jpeg

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Carowill said:

John Candy Del Griffith GIF - John Candy Del Griffith Steve Martin GIFs

• Haha 1

Looked at our backyard thermometer and saw it was down to 20 degrees already at 6 p.m.   That's when I remembered I hadn't properly winterized my growbag strawberries yet.   I had moved them into the garage but had them by a window and wasn't ready to do whatever you're supposed to do to insulate them against freezing temps.  

So now I have strawberries in my attic.  I hope they like it there.  

• Care 1