MK Tiger, Wasp and ?

Ric

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

I am interested to hear what folks might call these . . .

Ric732.jpg.65157b85c89eacc610d78b5eb363b

@Jeff54

They appear as classic Wasps.  Wasp colors vary from an orange to red and in-between and rarely Brown as if the red gets burnt. The brown is kind-of red but the actual color of brown has red tones too. 

1 hour ago, Al Oregon said:

Tiger, Wasp and Anemic Wasp or Wiger ??

Wiger is a Pelt I.D. name as far as I know ??  Base glass on a Pelt Wiger is half red (Wasp) & half orange (Tiger) plus the black ribbon which can contain av. or not. In most cases concerning a Pelt Wiger usually not.

LINK ::  https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46688&p=340671&hilit=wiger#p340671

LINK ::  https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=48026&p=348182&hilit=wiger#p348182

30 minutes ago, Jeff54 said:

They appear as classic Wasps . . .

I really thought the orange one on the left was a Tiger, although I could see an off-color Wasp on the right.

Anyone have a MK Tiger pic? The ones I see on Google look like mine, as far as I can tell.

9 minutes ago, Ric said:

I really thought the orange one on the left was a Tiger, although I could see an off-color Wasp on the right.

Anyone have a MK Tiger pic? The ones I see on Google look like mine, as far as I can tell.

I have a Tiger but not a photo. Regardless, Tigers are quite different in orange color, being much lighter than any of the variations of Wasps. Tigers are closer to the color of orange juice without a hint of red. . 

14 minutes ago, Jeff54 said:

I have a Tiger but not a photo. Regardless, Tigers are quite different in orange color, being much lighter than any of the variations of Wasps. Tigers are closer to the color of orange juice without a hint of red. . 

Ah, Here's a Tiger, Terry, grandpawmarble dot com has online: Orange is totally not within a Wasp's range. rather is distinct to it's own category.

http://www.grandpamarble.com/html/gm2159b.html

39 minutes ago, Melissa said:

I found this picture in the Marble King facebook group which shows the difference in the colors of the wasp versus tiger.  I think the one I previously shared might be a blended tiger, if a tiger at all...thoughts?  

274211958_5054396714620895_4574179515257642071_n.jpg

The bottom left orange (close to orange juice color) and black, is correct; an MK Tiger. 

• Thanks 1

Ric, i see (all) Marble Kings. We all know that some named marbles (cross over) from one maker to another maker. I (think) most would not want to many of these (cross over) names which complicates marble collectors. I would like to see most collectors (limit) these (cross over) names if possible. I see in your photos as the first in the "Bengal Tiger" family type. The second marble in the "Black Widow" family type. The third marble i do not think has a specific name yet, leaning towards a tan base with black ribbons, thinking on the "Faded Wasp" family type. I do (think) that Marble King did have specific names for some of their production runs that were bagged or boxed for the public. My thoughts and opinions. Chuck G---

@Jeff54 The red on Melissa's Bengal doesn't look anything like the yellow/orange on the Tiger she showed, at least to me - way more red. IMO, her marble looks more like a Wasp/Bee hybrid. Or do the names just not make sense? And it doesn't look "blended" to me at all.

What am I getting wrong?

And thanks for helping to clear up the "Tiger" for me!

53 minutes ago, Ric said:

@Jeff54 The red on Melissa's Bengal doesn't look anything like the yellow/orange on the Tiger she showed, at least to me - way more red. IMO, her marble looks more like a Wasp/Bee hybrid. Or do the names just not make sense? And it doesn't look "blended" to me at all.

What am I getting wrong?

And thanks for helping to clear up the "Tiger" for me!

No, I do not know of MK ever making up the names kids used. However, Showing my age here, nearly all of the names collectors use are the very same that I and all other kids I played with or knew are the same. 'Bengal tiger, Yup, Tiger, yup, big and small, Hybrid wasp yup! wasp and Black widow, Yup! Watermelon, boy and Girl Scouts and more. Only a few, like Hercules and some new names found in the dumps near the plant were not general common knowledge from kindergarten 1958 through grade school, just about all of the patch and ribbons were in circulation with most already well used. Hybrids like a Bengal or big 1" Girl scout, including blended types, I had collected or or lost in games at school. 

That is the reason why I have so many different MKs, the affection we kids had. ;)