G. fowl, Green question, niner??

treetiger

10 minutes ago, Ric said:

something just seems off.

Ric , I agree,

But-- we always see these marbles online as the best examples.

This may not be the best but I sure appreciate seeing it.

Marble--On!!

• Like 1

The one first presented is on the right end. The rest are new and inline starting from the left. Lobes everywhere on all of their backsides except for the middle blue one...conjectures and hypothesis's ? Personally, I haven't a clue.

IMG_20240119_155133278_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240119_155155600_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240119_155218590_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240119_155246392_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240119_155312733_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240119_155331435.jpg

IMG_20240119_155353345_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240119_155413386_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240119_155455698_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

You answered my previous question earlier so i edited this post:

That middle one's going the opposite direction from the others. I would like to see nice clear close-up shots of the "pontils" on these. Without that, I can't say much more than that they are interesting, and unusual, at least to me.

8 hours ago, Ric said:

That middle one's going the opposite direction from the others. I would like to see nice clear close-up shots of the "pontils" on these. Without that, I can't say much more than that they are interesting, and unusual, at least to me.

I will do that for you...let me get some shut-eye and I will post tomorrow...

19 hours ago, Ric said:

awake...I'm awake!!...stupid cat...

Okay-- here are close up pics of the marbles. I will have to post them  separately due to picture count limitations but here goes.

IMG_20240120_123142893.jpg

IMG_20240120_123158509.jpg

IMG_20240120_123211080.jpg

IMG_20240120_123219848.jpg

IMG_20240120_123229767.jpg

• Like 1

I appreciate the extra pics because they are intriguing marbles. I'm thinking they're newer, maybe Bulgarian, but I can't say for sure - they just seem off for early American marbles, at least to me.

13 minutes ago, Ric said:

I appreciate the extra pics because they are intriguing marbles. I'm thinking they're newer, maybe Bulgarian, but I can't say for sure - they just seem off for early American marbles, at least to me.

What ar your thoughts on the blue one? Same?---Bulgarian?

The blue one seems older and different than the others. I don't see a pontil on that one. It looks like it has blue and white striping glass in a clear base - am I seeing it right, or is the base glass blue?

17 minutes ago, Ric said:

The blue one seems older and different than the others. I don't see a pontil on that one. It looks like it has blue and white striping glass in a clear base - am I seeing it right, or is the base glass blue?

I just checked--dark blue cobalt base glass....

17 hours ago, Ric said:

I think it's a hand-gathered slag but I'm not sure who made it.

Since I can examine them in hand, I can state that it is more finely wrought than the others. Less surface texture (cold rolls bubbles etc.). More care has been taken with it than the others listed with it. Did CAC make slag 9 & tails? Did any of the other companies (MFC, or others) attempt this style?

1 minute ago, treetiger said:

Since I can examine them in hand, I can state that it is more finely wrought than the others. Less surface texture (cold rolls bubbles etc.). More care has been taken with it than the others listed with it. Did CAC make slag 9 & tails? Did any of the other companies (MFC, or others) attempt this style?

I would say the possibilities include Akro, CAC and MFC.

• Like 1